View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 04:17 PM   #14
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

I currently have an AVIN, but have recently ordered a snapdragon monitor. On my Avin, I have android BT OFF and OEM BT ON. With my device paired to OEM BT, I can play music from my phone (via Media>External Device). I then tap the screen to switch to the monitor, usually to display Waze. When I do, the music continues to play. I have carplay and it displays the correct song. I was doing it this way b/c I didn't like the audio output from the monitor to the OEM Aux Input. I can also hear Satellite radio (via Radio>Satellite Radio) in this manner. I get calls via the OEM BT. This happens with or without me connected to the carplay dongle.

If I'm not connected via Media>External Device (IE: my phone isn't streaming music to oem BT, but I can still be connected) and I start in the Avin Monitor and play my music using Carplay (meaning I've physically connected my phone to the carplay dongle), the audio comes through the OEM Aux Input, which is lesser quality.

And I read a post here that I can use a DAC via the USB output for much better audio quality via the Aux Input...I plan on trying this on my new monitor.