View Single Post
      04-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #21
ucsbwsr
Captain
Rep
Drives: E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
welcome to the club. please post a DIY on the brake swap. I want to do the same thing
I will cover the process but it won't be a formal DIY since it's essentially just a PNP brake swap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Welcome, Evan!

You should reach out to Dmitry from DUDMD tuning (popular in the M62/E38/E38 world) as he's personally been testing his own E70 and F10 diesels...pushing really good numbers, too.
I have my eyes on the JR 2.8 tune, it seems like a nice fit for what I want with power, drivability, low soot, etc. but I will look more into DUDMD, I hear the name around a lot but am not famailiar with his M57 offering. Now is the time to research and shop around before dumping 4 figures on a DME tune. :\ I am a little spoiled coming from the N54 world where you can snag a JB4 for $350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
Yup the matching spring pads is what got me to pull the trigger. While replacing the thrust arm bushing, I decided to pull the front shocks to test the fitment of the spring components. unfortunately the diameter of the strut appears to be larger than what's on an F85. The adjustable perch that that the spring would sit on has a lip preventing it to slip on the strut. the good news is this can be ground down to fit. I can take pics later which would make more sense on whats going on.
If the diameter of your X5's strut is less than 61mm , the spring perch will slip right on with no modifications.
Is this the measurement you were referring to? Not sure if there is a larger diameter of the strut hiding under the spring pad, it didn't look like it.
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlet, AR DPs, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP +Tial
Appreciate 0