View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #68
gleech
Rep
Drives: BMW E46M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycloud View Post
I wish I had read this thread a year ago!

Long story short $25k later, ~180 days in the garage while driving a 320i as a loaner,

My 2010 x6m had the evaporator, compressor, bottom and upper oil pans, turbos, injectors and everything in between replaced and still the check engine malfunction, a/c not working well, major oil and fuel consumption.

BMW dealership asks me to find another BMW dealership as they don't know what is wrong and not willing to reimburse me a dime or fix my problem.

Now I might be crazy but I took it to another BMW dealership where the technician after 2 min mentioned the vacuum line was cracked and there it was cracked in 4 different places even sliced in half in 2 places and for some reason still holding.

Furious I took a 5 min trip down to home depot and some electrical tape seemed to solve all my problems, no more check engine, no stalling, crazy rpm on idle, oil consumption, a/c is working...

I should be insane or 5 dollars for 5 min solved what BMW Dealership couldn't solve in 180 days and 25k later???

It is only day 2 so fingers crossed, I am going to buy the line but do you guys have any idea how to remove it?do you have to press on the clips on each side or the one in the middle?
There's an open recall for the same vacuum line. You just press on the clips on the sides at the same time and pull.

I'll go back to the 1st dealership and ask for your money back.
Appreciate 0