View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #184
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Thanks for the feedback. Gloomy and rainy here because of Beta will get more pix out later. YES, I'm actively looking for stuff to wrap, haha. Watching all the cool wrappings on IMSA races doesn't help...

Can't wait to see the diffuser installed. You should snap some pix of the part itself and post...I've never seen the back of those diffusers and how they install. Would like to see closeup of the color and style of the carbon fiber as well...maybe I can find some matching vinyl...

A couple more pix..I can post more details about the template if anyone wants...I used some paper and a crayon to capture the curve (this was the most fun part), then copied over to some card stock. The strip is 13/16" wide. Notice I aligned the strip with the panel line. Lastly, when placing along the curve, place the film edge just under the surface round so the surface round is easily shown and not the film edge. In other words, viewing the pic below, align the film about a mm to the left of the tailgate light curve.

Name:  IMG_1101_resized.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  171.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1103_resized.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  119.1 KB