08-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #172
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansbmw View Post
Looks great.

Ive watched a ton of CK Wraps videos and Vvivid is my vinyl choice as well. One thing to make the tail lights easier and avoid the vinyl pulling back is to mask off the paint all around the light with painters tape. Vinyl will not stick to that. That allows you to really get the vinyl down into the gap with 0 tension and cut along the light. Since there is 0 tension in the film, the vinyl will not pull back.

I plan on adding a light smoke to my tails soon. Ive replaced the bulbs with LEDs to make sure light output isnt effected. I will use knifeless tape to cutout the reverse light strip since those lights already perform poorly.
GREAT feedback, that's exactly the problem RE: tension. The film is very sticky and I was careful to lift the film off the paint before pressing into the gap, but I likely missed some areas. I will take care to watch this as I plan to re-wrap to get it 100%.

Tension bubble:
Name:  Vvivid_Tension Peel 3.png
Views: 808
Size:  1.82 MB

I'm running LED reverse lights that are pretty bright, and the film is pretty light. I'm looking forward to seeing your updates...

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by argento; 08-18-2020 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0