View Single Post
      05-20-2020, 10:27 PM   #147
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Copied from my post in the General X5 E70 forum:

Thanks to Sophisticated Redneck for the lead on heat wrap. I had some left over so just kept wrapping, lol. I still need to get under the heatshield..will do soon.

I bought from Amazon bc it was a little bit cheaper than DEI's website. I ordered Qty.2 p/n 010405, 0.5"-1.25" by 3' long. I also ordered Qty.2 p/n 010457, 0.75" by 3' long.

The pic I posted represents using qty one each of the above. I had 4" left over of one, don't recall which. Note that the stitching is weaker than I expected, don't pull on it too much or it may unravel a little bit.

I ordered this bc it was easy to install and you can cut to length. I bought cool tape 010408 thinking I may need it for the edges after cutting, but I did not need it. It went on solidly. Also, I measured with a rope before cutting, but you should expect to cut an extra 1/2" for every bend in the hose...my guess and ref only.

NOTE! Watch your idle your first start after installation. My idle was running a couple hundred rpm high and I guess I was rough with crankcase connecting line (top center). It wasn't completely disconnected, but when I checked the connections I felt a slight snap on one side, all good again.

Name:  IMG_0262_resized.jpg
Views: 1641
Size:  240.6 KB

Last edited by argento; 05-27-2020 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 2