04-20-2019, 02:45 AM   #17
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthefirst View Post
Hello,

Northern Ireland is @ an hour and a half north of Dublin on very good fast roads. Some lovely sights to see and if into Game of Thrones the majority of the filming was from here. I’m from NI and if I can be of any help to you don’t hesitate to ask.

Agree with what’s said earlier about the west coast of Republic of Ireland, but if you have time for Northern Ireland the North coast of County Antrim is stunning, as are the Mourne Mountains, the Lakeland of County Fermanagh...and Belfast itself is worth a visit for Game of Thrones stuff, history of the Titanic and history of our recent troubles.

If you are doing the west coast of Ireland I can recommend Galway City as an amazing place to base yourself for food, music & general atmosphere.

Don’t forget we drive in the correct side of the road over here and we have roundabouts instead of 4 way stops...much more civilised
Thanks for the advice. I will take you up on your offer if I have questions.

Yes, I remember you all drive on the correct side of the road. I've driven in England, Scotland, and New Zealand so I think I've got the hang of it. I made sure to rent a car with manual transmission to be a constant remember that everything is opposite. Just one thing: You spell civilised funny. I think it spelled with a z
Appreciate 0