View Single Post
      05-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #11
greddy91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
That is correct. You can swap the front and rear. SO, if you can live with the CA not working on one of the handles, you can swap them (that's what I did). However, if you do so, I recommend you leave the power cable disconnected once you do. This is to prevent the handle from drawing power constantly (that's why they get warm/hot and drain the battery). This doesn't always happen but it can. Mine were not working for a couple of years and never had issues until one of the dead ones started doing it recently, out of nowhere.

Leaving the power cable disconnected will will cause a setback, however. If you decide to replace the handle eventually, you'll likely have to take the door panel off to locate the cable as it will fall into the door. I really didn't find a way to secure the cable for easy access later but I didn't really try hard either. Didn't really plan on replacing them with working ones.

ALSO, be careful not to lose the bolt once you unscrew the handle. If it comes out it will get into the door...just more work trying to get it out (pulling door panel).
Awesome!

I already noted the screw problem when I removed the handle the first time. Magnetic bits and care highly recommended. Great addition here. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0