9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgz View Post
Hey guys, I want to swap out my ignition coils as I'm not sure when the last time they were changed out 71k miles.

RealOEM shows two ignition coil part #s: 12138657273 & 12138616153 but I see reference to Bosch 00044X8 (BOS-0221504470) on forums. However I don't see the Bosch ones listed as interchangable with the real oem part # just want to make sure I'm not running sub par coils.

Im also running 3psi over stock boost....maybe I should use one step colder plugs...what are folks using?
I thought about changing out the coil packs when I got mine 2 months ago at 65K miles but I did not as the car is running like a Champ! I did change out the spark plugs but used the same Bosch OEM spec and still running fine with a stage 1 tune. I honestly think 3 PSI boost over stock is not going to require colder plugs if you just run WOT occasionally. I mean I run 25 PSI over stock using OEM plugs/heat range (NGK Iridiums) with no problems whatsoever, granted it's on another platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbimma View Post
Running NGK 95770 and BavAuto (RIP) HP coils here. Ran just the plugs with BMS stg1 and added the coils when I went Velos stg2

BMS mentions:
These NGK 5992 Laser Iridium replacement plugs are one step colder than Bosch and are well suited for higher than stock horsepower racing applications. The plug gap must be manually set using a gap tool to the suggested 0.022". The tighter gap and exposed electrode design typically results in fewer misfires at higher power levels than the Bosch plugs. The trade off is a 15-20k mile life span compared to the 20-30k life span of the Bosch plugs. Note NGK has changed their part number for these plugs to 95770. These plugs are compatible with all turbo BMW motors including the N20, N54, N55, S55, and s63tu.
How do you like the coils? I saw someone mentioned they were made in China, any issues with quality/output? Nevermind, looks like we can't get the coils anymore anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
I thought about changing out the coil packs when I got mine 2 months ago at 65K miles but I did not as the car is running like a Champ! I did change out the spark plugs but used the same Bosch OEM spec and still running fine with a stage 1 tune. I honestly think 3 PSI boost over stock is not going to require colder plugs if you just run WOT occasionally. I mean I run 25 PSI over stock using OEM plugs/heat range (NGK Iridiums) with no problems whatsoever, granted it's on another platform.
Ok, I'm interested, what's the other platform?
Appreciate 0