View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 10:44 PM   #1
Xfanatic
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6 5.0i

N63 oil consumption ( class action lawsuit)

Hi everyone,

First let me say I didn’t check the forum for this topic so if it’s on already just disregard.

2014 E71 5.0i
45k Milage
I’m the second owner
I’ve had it for 1 year now and got it with 37k mileage

My last oil change at bmw was September 2018. Since then I’ve put in 3 quarts of oil. I called my service advisor and he said this was normal. By the time I put the 3 quart in I knew this wasn’t normal. I went to my regular mechanic and he said take it Bmw and tell them I’m putting a quart in every week. 🤔
I have an after market powertrain warranty that covers all engine issues so I said worst thing that could happen is that Bmw will bill my warranty provider.
I took the car in last week but to a different Bmw service center. The advisor I had was really nice ( not revelavant but whatever).

After Bmw having the X6 for 2 days I called my advisor to check in and she said they were running an oil consumption test to see if the issue could be covered under the “class action lawsuit”. I said what suit and she explained there was an issue and it’s easier to google it. If approved they’d cover it all.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-lawsuit.shtml

The next day she called me to tell me it was covered and the valve stems were being replaced along with a few other things. She told me that it’s a major job and takes 3 weeks between parts ordering and labor. Additionally if a connecting part not listed in the included repairs looked worn they would replace it. That part I’d have to pay for. Needless to say I’m very happy. Waiting patiently to get my car back. I’ll update you all once I get it back.
Appreciate 0