View Single Post
      01-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #67
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Documentation...DAY 92

I'm up and running again. I picked up my car a week ago (DAY 85) and have been testing.

FIRST of all, many thanks to Metropolitan Collision for amazingly detailed work. They've taken care of me since day one and the car looks better than before, IMO.

Since my last report on Day 57 through Day 85, the following has occurred:

1. The only extra parts required for the hood were the insulation and plastic rivets. This is not congruent with DIYs on this forum, but speculating it may be b/c it was a May 2013 build?

2. The other driver's insurance (which is covering repair) reimbursed me for all expenditures to date, except one: the office visit to the doctor on Day 1.
It's not that they weren't going to pay, there was confusion about if they were going to pay the doctor directly (like they did the rental) or if I was going to pay the doctor. The doctor office was going to send to collection, so I paid it and asked for reimbursement. The insurance offered to pay the bill and added an extra $400 for 'pain and suffering' w/o me requesting it BUT wanted me to sign a release. DO NOT SIGN THE RELEASE UNTIL YOUR CAR IS FULLY RESTORED. As of this day they still have my Dr reimbursement check.

3. During final QC, the vehicle didn't pass alignment, which was expected. Luckily the adjuster was there that day and approved the supplemental expenses to continue repair. There were no issues from the adjuster for using 100% OEM components. Over the next 10 days they replaced the right side control arm and it passed. But MET thought it could be more accurate and it still had a pull to the right. They determined it was the left upper control arm, so ordered and replaced, and performed alignment...passed, no issues. They went on to perform the functional checkout list I provided.

4. Over the course of a week, after pickup, I found a side mirror malfunction warning (but camera's worked), missing hood gasket, and some overspray on the lower bumper black trim valance. I drove it a week, stopped by my local BMW dealer b/c I know the Service Manager and Tech Supervisor well, they looked it over and found nothing more than listed. They both agreed that quality at MET was outstanding. Even the replacement bolts in the engine bay were carefully painted, not everyone does this. MET ordered parts, two days later I returned, they gave me a rental and a few hours later it was all done. The camera malfunction was just a reset in this case, it occurs when the camera connector is disconnected (as well as other reasons documented on this forum).

5. The diminished value representative inspected my car and is preparing the report to help me reconcile. Will keep you updated.

6. In a couple days I have an appt to have the front end ceramic coated.

Some pix, sorry not the best...

First Pickup Day:

Name:  IMG_1943_resize.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  149.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1947_resized.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  129.1 KB

Final Pickup:

Name:  IMG_1972_resized.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  135.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1973_resized.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  158.2 KB

MINOR UPCOMING MODS: Dashcam, avinusa idrive controller, led interior lighting, exhaust tips, and Dinan Springs w/bumper stops...

Last edited by argento; 01-19-2019 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: type-o
Appreciate 1
boneca1999.50