12-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #59
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Getting closer...doing things right takes time and the shop has been amazing. It's great not having to worry about the work being performed less than perfect. Below are some pix I took on Tuesday.

The takeaway for this update is that once they got in there the damage was more repairable than first thought. The apron was returned to spec, which means the arduous effort to remove dash, cut old apron, weld and fasten new apron was spared.

Snapped pix of the hood being test fit with only the interior side painted. You can see some suspension parts replaced, but the suspension repair won't be complete until they get it to alignment. Wiring harnesses have been replaced with new oem harnesses. On Tuesday they completed aux radiator repair, added fluid, and immediately noticed a pump leaking the fluid. The nipple on that pump was sheared, so they'll be replacing that next. The fender and back-ordered front bumper arrived and were being prep'd for painting. It's possible I might get her back this coming week, but a lot depends on suspension repair.

Once I get her back, I'm taking her to BMW for the dinan spring install and for them to do a once-over for any issues. Then once the paint can handle it, I'll take it in for the ceramic coating of the new paint.

Attachment 1954973

Attachment 1954974

Attachment 1954975

Attachment 1954976

Attachment 1954977

Attachment 1954978
Hood shown only set on latches, not closed.

I recalled another scary lesson learned about the storage facility (will update original post). When I showed up to transfer my car days after the crash, they were relocating a Lexus with a forklift! Apparently this is the preferred method to move your car around their lot. With this in mind, have it taken straight to the shop, avoid storage. I don't think mine was moved this way because it was driveable and/or could be rolled as needed. Nonetheless I asked the shop to closely inspect for any sign of this activity.

OFF-TOPIC TEASER...In the next couple weeks the shop will have a visitor from a local customer with a 100% conversion from an E46 Wagon to an E46M3. No detail ignored. Down to removing the floor panels to make room for the exhaust and bulging quarterpanels. He's going to let me know so I can see it, I'll get some pix...
It's coming along very nicely and I can see the professionalism in their work. I LOVE the hood. Since our cars are almost twins now I have to find a good to make them identical. Lol

LED headlights are here and have been dropped off today for polishing and Alamein-X clear protection film.

Wife wasn't too happy about me using the clothes hanger but couldn't stop laughing.
Attached Images

2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0