Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansbmw View Post
So unfortunately this happened.

Driving home during an snow/ice storm here the Friday before last and spun out. I was in the left lane and I hit ice or hydroplaned on some slush ( not entirely sure) and suddenly Im sideways at 50 mph in the middle lane. I caught the spin so I didn't do a 180 or more. Im staring straight ahead at a car I'm about to hit and I'm looking to my right at a car that is about to hit me so I had to bail on the idea of regaining traction and instead stand on the brakes and get the car to rotate a bit to avoid the other cars. Miraculously I somehow pulled it off but I couldn't avoid the guard rail. I went nose in at less than 20mph so the damage is cosmetic only. Could have been much much worse.

So yea. Now I need a new bumper and front panel. I got one estimate for about $4k. I should have another on Monday but I know they are gonna be around $5k. I really don't understand the design concept BMW chose to have the fender wrap around the front of the car like that.

Drive safe!
sorry to hear about this, the good thing that you ok!
I also got my rear glass shattered this Friday, hopefully this will be taking care of tomorrow.

enough of this winter already, another snow storm coming on Monday
Appreciate 0