View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #20
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
Not really committed to anything yet, just trying to do some research. Never done any kind of tunes before.
Don't forget you get two tunes with them, stage 1 and stage 2 and you get the adapter to be able to switch back and forth at anytime or go back to stock whenever you want. Below are the before and after installing just the stage 1 tune, the tune alone shaved a second and half off my 0-60 time. I have yet to install the Stage 2 but want to max out the stage 1 first before I go to the next level. I think a 4 second flat 0-60 time is possible once I get some issues fixed just with the stage 1. I do have downpipes and did do a mild port and polish job but you can see from the draggy time slip before, I wasnt any faster then a stock new stock 50i with a 1foot 0-60 of 5.71 (and that was on a slope!)so the downpipes and mods I did just countered the age and wear and tear on the engine. Best it could do before I did downpipes and cleaned up carbon in the heads was a 6.8 second 0-60.

Keep in mind this is just a N63 powered 50i with 160,000 miles on it, I have a leaky diverted valve that needs to be replaced and you can see in the g-forces recorded how much time is wasted by the slow shifts of my transmission, if you look at the jb4 log, my throttle plates are closed for almost a combined full second waiting for the transmission to shift (XHP didn't help)

If their tune can make a 160,000 mile N63 as fast as this, I would think it can take a M into the 3.5 second 0-60 or lower and 11's in the 1/4 as they appear to know what they are doing and the tunes are customized for you if you have any mods.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0