View Single Post
      06-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #438
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Oh God no, please don't emoticon me to death.

So is the opinion of the Houston-based commentators above or below 75% of the strength of your argument?

In your eyes, is there a distinction between making an actual foul look more dramatic (intentionally or unintentionally) and creating a foul by deliberately making body movements to create a false sense of contact?

Besides the obvious answer, the latter situation is a pre-meditated action. They drive to the basket and try to create contact, which I have no problem with. The issue comes when they create their own contact; It's the same thing as a soccer player falling down and acting hurt. Instead of continuing to drive to the basket, attempting to draw legitimate contact, and getting an and 1, they anticipate that there's going to be contact and they contort their bodies in a way as to deceive. I understand the importance of drawing fouls to get into the bonus and drawing fouls to get certain players into foul trouble, but you are blind to the ridiculousness because you are a Miami fan, simple as that.

This issue in the league, which seems to be getting worse and worse every year, has just really hit home for me and many others because of the fact that it's happening to our team and it happening in the Finals. I'm not saying that it's necessarily affecting the outcome of the series or anything like that, it's just really painful to watch. Call me a cry baby all you want.

Last edited by bolinp78; 06-08-2011 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0