Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I didn't really have a problem with Rose's decision here. Let's face it, arguably the two biggest stars left playing are going 1 on 1 with seconds left and the game tied. I think the refs, barring something egregious, are going to let them play. And if anyone came to help LJ on Rose, they weren't going to foul, no on in their right mind would. Rose made a couple moves to see if he could get a look - he's not getting past Lebron, not at this stage in his career at least, in this situation. And single teaming Rose meant there was no easy/obvious pass for someone to get some space before the help on defense came. So he shot, and missed. It certainly wasn't the reason they lost them game, and it could've won it for them. While he's still developing as a shooter, I can't think of anyone else on the Bull's roster I'd rather have take that shot.
I agree with you that D. Rose should be the one taking the final shot...I still think he should have driven to the basket instead of taking a jumper...even with LJ on him...then you either miss the shot OR get fouled in the process. Nevertheless great game and great series...
Appreciate 0