View Single Post
      02-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
AlexGP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW X5 3.0

Ok, so let me preface this answer by saying (for what it's worth) that I am trying to be unbiased. I won a black on black 2001 X5 w/sports-package. It has 118k miles. As I have done with all my previous cars (1995 M3, 1991 318is) and motorcycles (2005 Yamaha R6), I have treated the car like a rare jewel. It has been garaged every day of its life, it has gone to every single scheduled maintenance at the dealership, I have changed oil/tires at correct intervals etc etc. To this day, I receive praise for its looks. It has NEVER given me any issues, plus I consider it an excellent car in the snow - this winter has been perfect proof, it has performed flawlessly on is 19-inch all-season Michelins. Incidentally, I am looking to trade it in in April, as I am in love with the new (2011 or 2012) car and I want to be able to get a little bit of money from my car. I am looking for $11k, as my car is in fantastic condition. If you are interested, feel free to send me a PM, I can send pics etc. If you are not, I would say that buying a 10-year old car is a crapshoot (especially if you don't know the seller), so I would be very careful, but I am 10000% sure that there is no 2001 X5 that looks as good as mine and that has been as reliable as mine. My $ 0.02....
Appreciate 0