View Single Post
      05-04-2024, 11:14 AM   #7
95m3ltw
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbash87 View Post
Dealership might not have coded it properly or you need to switch the backup camera view .

https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1713524
Thanks for the response. I call myself reading that entirely and will probably find the coding useful but I really just want to know from a owner who has used the rear view cam with tow package, what exactly does it do and where is that setting/switch supposed to be??? I have yet to find a single post that either shows the difference or where in settings does one get the option for "hitch" view. Nothing in iDrive, when reversing I only get top down or normal rear view. I could entirely be missing a step or where I should be looking but it boggles my mind there is no documentation from BMW describing much about the tow "package" or what exactly the module does besides generic "brake control for sway" and "turns off rear beep", especially give the cost for the hitch kit and install by dealer.

I havent coded a module in years so a bit nervous about jumping into that rabbit hole but guess thats my next step, just wanted to verify what the rear cam actually does.
Appreciate 0