View Single Post
      04-25-2024, 06:19 AM   #12
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sat Pat View Post
So quick update, I went for a drive with the service technician today. Unsurprisingly, he said that both the wind noise and the tire noise are normal. I guess I’ll just have to adjust my expectations accordingly or will get used to it over time. I’m mildly disappointed as I was expecting a quieter ride with the acoustic glass and all. He did say that because the car is otherwise so quiet, there is nothing to mask the road and wind noise, which is a fair explanation.

Agree with you on PPF. I’m also getting ceramic and tints all around next week.

My AC sliders are all the way to the left. It’s annoying that I have to fiddle with these deeply buried settings despite climate being in Auto mode. But otherwise, I’m loving the crisp display and all the high tech features.

It’s interesting that you have Bridgestones. Mine came with Conti Cross Contacts. I wonder if it’s random or if BMW thinks Bridgestones are better for towing as, except for your tow hitch, our cars have all the same packages and should be mechanically identical.
My SA says it is a lottery what tire they put on the car but what you say makes sense because on my 24 X5 with trailer hitch, it also came with Bridgestones but not sure why Bridgestones would be any different than the Contis for towing
Appreciate 0