07-21-2023, 03:41 PM   #75
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I said that in my reply above. My primary home is at 2.874 fixed for 30 years. I have no incentive to get out of it to buy another place closer to my daughter. I also don't need to "upgrade" as this house has plenty of space for a single guy. And as I said previously, many family and friends have asked why I don't downsize.

Which leaves my second home/vacation property. I could easily sell that off as I really don't need a second home. Very few people have a "need" for a second home. But again, there's no incentive for me to take the equity and appreciation in the property value and cash out. I'd get raped with taxes. If the Feds extended the tax free capital gains for primary homes to second homes, then I'd seriously consider selling.
Sorry I didn't read the whole thread in detail.

You could theoretically live in the vacation home for 2 years then sell it and move back to your primary home. Who knows what's going to happen in 2 years though.

EDIT: I see spazzyfry123 already said this above... I read it this time... just read AFTER commenting.
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5159.50