07-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBMW6 View Post
Today, I was at my local BMW dealer and saw the new X6 xDrive 50i. The manager told me that they've just received 4 cars and they were all pre-sold. There was one Black X6 being prepared for delivery, and it had new 21" style 275 wheels installed. The car looked very nice and sharp on those wheels.

I couldn't take the car for a test ride because they were all sold and ready for delivery. So I got into the car just to check out the engine. When I turned the ignition on, I was surprised...the car sounds louder than what I had expected. The exhaust note is loud when you hit the gas, in a positive way, and has a nicely toned roar at idle. I know the sound of M5/M6, but honestly, I think X6 sounded louder.

I took a few pics of the car...enjoy
Thanks for the pictures!

I like the look of the style 275 way better than the style 128 for the 21" rims.
I have to check with my SC to see about availability and cost.

I ordered my 50i in sapphire black with the tinted windows and shadow line. I really don't like the chrome accents (around the windows).

In regards to the sound, the fact that you probably tried this indoors most likely has an impact on how LOUD you perceived this engine to be!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0