Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
04.20.21 - Phone Cradle Removal, started 10.25 install

OEM+ Plans:
[X] Remount Roof Rack + Snowpack Extender (when needed)
[X] Wheel change from OEM Style 214
[ ] 4x4 10.25in Android Infotainment System
[ ] Rear Entertainment Delete
[ ] 3rd Row Delete (add back the OEM spare tire kit)
[ ] Rear Cargo Lift Bracket/Strut Kit

Maintenance Plans:
[X] Clean/Condition all Leather Seats
[X] Fix P20EE Error
[X] Replace worn out lower buttons
[X] Remove Phone Cradle!
[ ] Replace Center Console Trim
[ ] Replace Cup Holder Trim
[ ] Replace Gear Selector "P" trim and Silver trim
[ ] Replace Rear Wiper Arm, Cover
[ ] Headlight Restoration
[ ] Paint Correction (?)
[ ] Pre-LCI rear bumper replacement + Hitch cut out
[ ] Valve Cover Gasket Replacement (?)
[ ] Diagnose Front Brake Squeak

Posted DIY for Phone Cradle removal as I didn't see one posted. Straight forward, total of (3) torx bolts and removal of (3) electrical harness connectors. Still missing the blocking plate, but I'll wait to find a parts car for now. (DIY: https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1818763)

Also, received the INAV 4x4 10.25 unit! I started the install and I will post my crappy DIY in the discussion section later this week. I am about 85% complete. I am having a really hard time getting the lower idrive/dvd player back into the vehicle with all the wires. Seems the harness is getting caught on the top section of the idrive/dvd piece of hardware. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. In addition, I am getting no sound! The videos are helpful but they don't give the full installation. They mentioned using an audio cable that routes to the center console AUX/USB but also mentioned that if you have the in/out OEM audio harness in the center (behind the screen) that I can utilize that. Maybe that's for GPS only??

Everything else seems to work as it should, touchscreen, original CCC system, idrive knob functionality, wireless carplay!, etc. Just no sound. I may have to just add that audio cable and route to the center console.

Bought some Colorbond to refresh the center console and cup holder trim pieces. I am not paying $150/each for those things. Purchased on Amazon and got some sand paper, will be my weekend job: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lastly, got a snow storm last night and it took out my rear wiper arm/cover/blade. So I need to replace those. Any idea hope to get the assembly off after you remove the 13mm nut? Just pull hard?
Attached Images

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 0