View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #78
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Even on Stage 1 the shifting was horrific. Nearly half-second pauses between gear shifts and when it did finally shift it was so ridiculous, the type of slamming of the gears that break parts.

If you scroll up and see the graphs I posted, you can see the huge delays in the G force and throttle plate closures, it feels like someone driving a manual, taking it out of gear when flooring it, waiting half a second, then slamming it into the next gear with their foot off the throttle, then flooring it again. Gives you whiplash. Normal driving under 1/3 throttle is just fine, gets progressively worse the faster you go.

Now I am not blaming XHP for this, I've got a 160K on this transmission and it has never shifted right since I bought it, replacing the solenoids and installing a Sonnax Zip kit helped make it livable. I was hoping XHP would help but I the reality is I will need to rebuild it to get the full potential of it.

I still have the software tweaks to the stock profile on it such as torque limiters removed and RPM shift limits, so that part was well worth the price alone.

I will try a complete adaptation reset and relearn with Stage 2 installed but not holding my breath it will help.

EDIT: Added the draggy image highlighting the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, Nearly a full second of near zero acceleration combined. This truck would be in the high 3.8-3.9 second time if the transmission were shifting properly.

Btw I was reading up on this and it seems that they advise these harsh shifts and this kind of behavior could happen for the first x amount of miles.

Explained here..

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....ission-tuning/

Q: I just flashed my transmission, but the shifts are bad.

A: Your transmission may behave weird, right after flash, e.g. starting in 3rd gear. This issue should clear within a few hundred meters of driving. The transmission has extensive adaption-algorithms, to keep shift quality in check over a full life time and even with heavily worn out clutches. The adaptions applied, are very sensitive to abrupt changes, as they operate in a narrow window. Therefore, shift quality can suffer in the first few hundred miles, after doing an oil-change, replacing transmission hardware, or changing the TCU software, like with xHP. Don’t over stress your transmission during this adaption phase. The best way to adapt your transmission, is just normal driving in D mode with lots of varying speeds and shifts. We DO NOT advise anybody to clear the adaption values to speed up the process. Depending on the current wear state of your transmission, this can lead to unwanted and permanent bad results.
Appreciate 0