08-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #1130
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I can relate. About 10 years ago, I went into the ER two days after coming home from my girlie beach week. I wound up in NYU for a month with a room overlooking the East River and LIC. In my mind, I was at a beach resort with an ocean view room. Those drugs.....
My loss of reality included a visit to a North Vietnamese hootch where I was being held prisoner. Why I have no idea as I did not serve in the military. At another point I could hear the nurses plotting to get me if I got out of the bed. Ridiculous since I was too weak to get up anyway. And the nurses were always very nice to me. I know that NOW but at that time I thought they were going to kill me.

I was also convinced the nurses were selling pharmacy quality narcotics to guys in zoot suits driving harleys up to the window. The fact we were on the 4th floor had no bearing on my hallucinations.

All I know is if I ever have a loved one in hospital that is suffering from this I will be more understanding of it. It seems very real to the person living through it.
Appreciate 0