05-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
Lots of us are deleted and tuned. 335d's and x5d's dyno on stock turbos with just deletes and tunes up to 550 ftlbs and you'll see people do that reliably for 100k+. As long as you're willing to change the fluid, filters, and some seals (not upgrade, just normal maintenance) the trans should last the life of the vehicle, even tuned.

There are people on hybrid turbos that push the limits and most all of them run stock trans. I'm not saying they'll last forever but this ZF6hp is a STOUT. trans.
Mine's at 257k miles, and it's been deleted and tuned for 45k miles. Ive also towed about 7k of those miles, maybe more than 7k at this point. And I'm not nice to it when towing, I kind of rip on the thing. Still fine, no real slipping, but the 4-5 shift misses if I'm absolutely full tilt and don't lift at all during it while towing.

But even that fault, no one but me would EVER notice that single particular fault in my beat on 256k mile transmission. As far as I know, I was the first person to ever service it, and that was at 230k miles.
Santjer performance, when they ran nitrous w/ duel pumps and 100% injectors, had over 1,000 lb-ft of torque and about 670 hp to the wheels on their 335d running through a stock transmission... they ran a bunch of 1/4miles with slicks and their transmission seemed to take it fine.

All about how you treat it and maintain it.