View Single Post
      12-12-2019, 06:59 AM   #431
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolksFan View Post
Are the E70 diesel DMEs set up internally in a similar fashion to the N55 DME? Does MHD produce a flash for the 35d yet?

I am still seeing N54 DMEs w/ MHD flashes toasting mosfets at WOT so hesitate to recommend MHD flashes.
Hey, I'm a D guy.

The cheapest option for the D is to go for the DUDMD tune. I'm DUDMD stage 2, with full deletes, and that's teh least expensive way to delete and tune. You can absolutely tune without deletes, and some tuners even have remote tuning now. I LOVE my DUDMD stage 2 35d. woke up, and is wonderfully efficient. Also, I'd very much recommend a sutphin transmission tune, if you're still running the stock trans tune. CHP is a huge upgrade over stock, and Sutphin is a HUGE upgrade over XHP in terms of drivability and speed.

I guess there is also the jbd option but you'll get error codes with it turned all the way up, and the type of boost controller it is is a piggyback, and it'll make the truck a little smokey. The real tunes are MUCH safer and cleaner running tunes. My DUDMD stage 2 only hazes slightly at full throttle. puffs a bit of smoke at cold idle too, but going down the road you'd never know it was a deleted diesel. even at 100% throttle, if you're not super high in the rpm, it doesnt smoke.