View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 05:17 PM   #473
chadism
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

2011 X5 50i M Sport 68K miles

I have owned this vehicle for 6 years, bought it as a lease return w/ 32K miles. It has always burned oil and I have had it in and out of the dealer wherein they replaced turbos, entire fuel system, pretty much everything over the course of ownership. It started smoking badly last summer. Fast forward to today...it has been in the shop for almost a month. I turned it in as a class action suit candidate and was told they would perform an oil consumption test. The following day the dealer called and said it would need no test and that BMW NA had approved an engine replacement and that I would be responsible for 15% of engine cost or $1250. I accepted and requested a loaner car, which the dealer denied but offered a rental car with a maximum dealer cost value @ $44/day, which I accepted. It is worth noting that when I dropped my vehicle off at the dealership I had already emailed the settlement claims administrator and then was called by BMW NA after the dealer initially said that I would have to pay for the oil consumption test. I will continue to post as events unfold. Am quite excited and feel vindicated to receive a new engine after years of knowing the N63 was defective. Since I am just out of warranty, I am stacking parts to perform the upgrades I have wanted to do for a while. Your posts and advice will be appreciated as I am looking to do wheels/tires (I like Greddy's but it looks as if TSW no longer makes the 22" version of the Interlagos), suspension, catless downpipes, new headlights, exhaust, tune, and an AVINUSA headunit. My vehicle does have the active suspension so I will need a bit of help there. This is particularly funny in that I literally work across the street from KW suspension manufacturing headquarters and nobody there can give me a straight answer on what components I need and who can install them for me.
Appreciate 0