View Single Post
      04-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #14
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpeacelove View Post
I see on the CC's the in/out valves are occupied but you have an additional line connected on the top why is that?

And also what components am I connected the hoses to and from? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. Thx.
One line connected to the intake manifold tube that runs to the intake manifold bolted to the side of each engine, the other is to the valve cover, and the third is to the pre-turbo intake manifold. Our CCV system is two stage.

This has actually evolved quite a bit since I started this thread. I have replaced the cheap PCV valves which could leak boost pressure under certain conditions with a true adjustable 1-way vacuum valve that will allow you dial in your Crankcase Vacuum to -8 to -10 psi and replaced all the crap looking hose clamps and cheap heater hose (which looked more at home on an old beater Chevy truck then a SUV that cost almost 90K) with a proper stainless steel reinforced braided hose & -AN setup. Also went to different catch-can with a true 50micron Bronze filter baffled design which works AMAZING at capturing all the crap the stock BMW oil/air separators miss and they are less then 20 dollars each!!! (dont let price fool you, quality is excellent) Pics are below, setup works excellent and I highly recommend. I will do a write up with all part numbers as soon as I can, work has just been killing me so zero time to write it up proper but if any questions please ask. Everything can be bought off Amazon. Cost is about 100 if you use hose clamps and cheap hose, about 250 to do it right. I have 143K now on mine, no smoke at idle from stops with this system (if stuck at a dead stop in traffic for 10+ minutes might get a puff on take-off but thats it). Used to smoke so bad at idle and take-off you could not drive it until I put this system on. Burns a quart about every 1200-1500 miles with way I drive (100+mph all the time on open roads in AZ which means if you drive it normally, it will work even better for you as there is not much intake vacuum at 100mph in the X5), nice performance boost you will feel on int ital acceleration and part throttle too when the system is still able to apply the full vaccum. Plan to work on electic smog pump rpm activated to keep negative CC pressure even under boost like the turbo buick guys used to do one day when I have time....
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 04-08-2019 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 2