View Single Post
      04-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #10
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
You wrote that the TPMS "came with the wheels"...but do you know which type of sensors you have and if they are correct for the model year/build date of your X5?

The type of TPMS (sensors) changed during the e70 X5 production run and it also changed when the f15 X5 came out. So it needs to be made clear when buying wheels...what type of TPMS are already installed or will need to be installed.

Any tire shop (especially the national shops like Discount/America Tire, or Bell Tire, etc...should be able to hook you up with the correct type of sensors...or be able to activate them if they haven't been activated.
I had the tpms out of them, I had to get new valve stems etc. they came off a 2013 x5M, mines a 2012, so I checked to see and as long as they were 433mhz, they should be the same. Visually, they are the ITM's that seem to come with my model year. I wouldn't think much of buying some new ones, but the ones that were in my wheels aren't working for the gentleman who bought them from me, so I was wondering if there was a trick to this.
Appreciate 0