United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleayres View Post
Would I buy my 2011 X5 35i again? Absolutely NO!

Everything goes wrong with it.
Unfortunately, we are having problems with the heat/cooling system. Yesterday , I drove the car and after a few miles I noticed the heat was not getting very hot. Then I heard the radiator fan accelerate to a much higher rpm (sounds like a small jet plane). I pulled over and checked the antifreeze level and it was filled appropriately and it was also circulating (the small stream of antifreeze was flowing inside the antifreeze reservoir). I shut the car off and sat a couple minutes. I restarted the engine and again sat a few minutes to see if the radiator fan would accelerate to a high rpm again. The heater started to get warmer and the radiator fan didn't run at the high rpm, so I continued my trip. After approximately 10 minutes of driving, the radiator fan again accelerated into a high rpm and the heat inside the car cooled off again. I again pulled off to the side of the road and shut the car off, waited a few minutes, then restarted the car and drove home. At this point the yellow engine light came on the dashboard.

I just picked it up from the BMW dealer to have the valvetronic servo replaced for $2200.00 the day before.

Last year I had the computer and the main wiring harness replaced. I paid for the computer and BMW paid for the harness.
Just before that I had to replace the water pump.

My frustration with this car is very high. I've had it 3 years and only put 8000 miles on it.
sorry to hear about this

my previous car was 2011 X5 35i and I had no issues with it in a first couple of years even though I put 3 times more miles then you, then one month I had 3 major issues happened (driveshaft failure, AC failure, etc.,) all was taking care of by BMW free of charge but I got tired of waiting for AAA on the side of the road so I let that car go!

hope u'll resolve car's issues!
Appreciate 0