07-03-2018, 02:37 PM   #864
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph335 View Post
Even Karlsson for a year is worth it as a rental. Makes you an immediate Cup favorite. I understand the cap implications though.

There's other more affordable guys left like de Haan. He'd be a fine second pair guy.

Dubas isn't done. Traded Matt Martin to the Isles today. Got a goalie prospect for him. Little bit of cap savings ..... What's he gonna do with it?
Thrilled about getting rid of Martin. I get he's a locker room-type guy, but watching him try and play hockey was utterly painful. Especially when we paired him with talent and his lack of skill would end up holding the entire line back. Dubas will have to find a way to replace the grit we've lost already this off-season between Uncle Leo, Polak and now Martin.

I'm personally hoping he brings in de Haan, or Lucas Sbisa from VGK would be a solid addition to our blue line. If we could get Orpik at a reasonable rate I wouldn't be opposed to that either...