View Single Post
      04-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #31
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
You'll see marginal improvement, perhaps some reduced IAT under boost, but nothing to write home about. The existing factory WtA system is very efficient at dumping heat out of the intake, and WMI only really helps with cylinder/valve cooling/cleaning. These vehicles are over 2500kg loaded with fuel and driver, and when combined with inefficient aerodynamics, you'd have to push 1000hp+ out of the platform to see any big changes in performance.

There's a bunch of us already running methanol injection on the S63, and even though I've been able to optimise my system using the biggest nozzles I'd recommend running, actual performance increase is negligible, with intake cleaning being the major benefit with this setup. Adding water increases octane, but also displaces oxygen-containing air, so there's always a balance to be struck. You can run added oxygenated fuels, but without specifically tuning for a precise known blend, you risk messing with stoiciometric ratios and leaning out.

Why not just throw in a wet NOS system, and cook your transmission (if the rods hold up).
Have to see how things go, I want to get on a dyno before doing this swap to get a good comparison of where things are at before and after

Currently running on map3 and the truck is brutal and that is 19 PSI, stock is designed for only 18, s63tu turbos are 22...

I'm not planning to break anything and want to maintain reliability

Last edited by frankenm; 04-12-2018 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0