View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #978
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Sorry to hear about the bike thefts. I purposely didn't get any bikes until I had a garage to put them in. I know not everyone is able to get a place with a garage. I know some people who get first floor apartments to be able to push their bikes in and out of or a house with a walk out basement. It sucks you have to do this but it's the unfortunate reality of motorcycling.

As far as casing out your place, it doesn't matter. Stealing a bike by experienced thieves is easy work. Even with security chains, this won't stop professional thieves. It just takes them moments to cut through any locks or chains and then a few seconds to toss the bike into a van with a mattress to cushion the bike.
You are absolutely right. Getting a place with a garage would be ideal. I'm just not ready to lock into a mortgage commitment yet, lol. because of that, I know it would be best for me to just curb my passion for riding until that time comes (much easier said than done).

The smart and experienced motorcycle thieves wont be stopped by pretty much any security measures if they sopt a bike they want. I understand that. it is just a shame, but also realistic that we have to go through extremes to protect our toys when living in an urban environment.

I am still going through withdrawl without a bike. I have my eye on a couple different bikes for a potential replacement, but I know storage and security will be a challenge. I am currently weighing out my security and storage options before I pull the trigger on a new toy... but my S1KRR will be missed for some time.