View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
That's funny, that's exactly what we did... except I still drive my X5M everyday, my wife parked her Cayenne S and drives the Prius 100% of the time. We've talked about buying a Prius for years, we finally did just for the fun of it. After her first fill up (400+ miles), and only cost her $30 she told me we should have bought a Prius years ago. She said it's like driving for free!

I am beginning to like it too, it is very challenging to be able to drive it fast and keep the MPG up. There are certain Prius driving techniques that you need to follow. One thing for sure is that we are definitely your typical Prius owner and driver, and definitely not a tree huger (Just look at my garage) so you will not see us holding up traffic in the left lane. On the contrary we are always the first off the light and over speed limit.

Only been a month, I've already been adding mod parts to the car. Like new 17" TRD wheels, wider tires, clear bra, leather seats, sway bar etc... More mods coming.

Funny, I would say this being a gearhead. I am sold on the Prius! It's a very neat little car that does pretty amazing things. The low mounted battery helps lower the center of the gravity, so it handles very well. I think the negative stigma comes from the idiot owners and drivers of the Prius that doesn't know how to drive, and are inconsiderate of other driver's on the road.

Last edited by mrpcar; 02-06-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0