View Single Post
      09-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
BimmerGeorge
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Updated Alpine White X5M Photos

I have a 2011 X5M former dealer demo which I bought at a nice discount. This vehicle is fully loaded with the exception of rear entertainment which I would not want anyway. It came with the rims shown. I made a few minor cosmetic modifications which I think really look nice and clean the car up. Those mods are as follows:

1. Switch the front and rear reflectors from amber and red to white to match the body.

2. Switch the side turn signal lamps from chrome to black with clear lenses - I think white would also look good, but they may not stand out as much and call attention to the fact this car is an "M".

3. Fresh powder coat on the 22" rims in a semi-gloss. For some reason the original finish was painted on and it got chalky and was looking poor. While I was at it, I put new rubber on as well. Let me tell you, finding 22" tires for these rims was very difficult. Not many options out there.... Keep that in mind for those out there wanting or lusting after 22's....... Side note - I would not normally have gone the black rim route had I had the opportunity to select the rims. However, I have to say I love the fact that at end of a week of driving I cannot see any brake dust on the rims. The semi-gloss really hides the brake dust well. My car looks clean enough on Friday night to pick up your date without having to go to the carwash first!

4. Powder coat on the exhaust tips in a semi-gloss to match the rims - this I think is a really nice touch and has the added benefit of hiding the black soot which was annoyingly visible on the chrome.

5. Tinted windows in a light ceramic which darkens the windows but not too much. I also tinted the windshield with a very light tint that you can't really tell is there. I have had no visibility issues and love the fact that my leather wrapped dash board will be protected from UV rays....

6. Switched out the chrome kidney grills to the gloss black with matt gills.

7. Put the Lux LED angel eye conversion kit on.

I am contemplating some programming revisions by Patryk. Has anyone in the LA area done this? I would love some local feedback. Thanks and enjoy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0