XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
warz00

Drives: 2013 X6 50i

Do NOT Buy from Bimmian.com!

Talk about horrible experience and terrible customer service. Recently purchase 2 items - wheel locks and spacers. Returned both - decided wheel locks were a waste of time and found out after receiving the spacers that Bimmian does not sell spacers for the front wheels. Note - BOTH items arrived in broken/beat up packaging.

Their return policies are draconian. If you want a refund, there is a restocking fee. Bad enough but not unique. However, to process a return you must send the item at your own expense to a PO Box address in Oshawa Canada through USPS using a tracking service and a customs declarations form. No other carrier is accepted by them!

No refund was issued until I asked about it, confirming the delivery to them by the tracking number. Then they said that one of the items had been installed (spacers) - the 2 spacers had never been taken out of the box they arrived in - and since I was looking for spacers for all 4 wheels there is no reason to install just two! Their option was to receive only a 50% refund or they would send the spacers back to me - AT MY SHIPPING COST!

I will never do business with this company again and hopefully this will save someone else the aggravation and cost.
      11-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
blue dragon
First Lieutenant

Drives: E46 M3

Thats sounds like horrible service.
      11-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
rennis
Lieutenant

Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

How is it possible they don't sell spacers for the front wheels?

In any case, that sounds like crappy service.
      11-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Gins
I can't find my pants.

Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
You're just now figuring this out??
Gins is offline   No_Country
      11-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station

Drives: 2010 E90 M3

That's too bad OP. I have bought a fair enough of small items from them over the years. I have to say my experience has been good.

I hate the restocking ordeal that every shop has. I don't know what the actual cost is for a shop to restock so I will hold judgement.

That's definitely stinks. Though. Call and talk to them about it. Perhaps a deal can be made on your end that works for both parties for future business.
SouthShoreM3 is offline   United_States
      11-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
m3 guy
Major

Drives: 2012 X5M

Had a similar experience. Wanted to return some license plate led bulbs. After calculating out shipping (Hawaii to Canada) and subtracting the restocking fee I would have only got back $5. Wasn't worth the time and effort and I will just spend my money elsewhere.

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
m3 guy is offline   United_States
      11-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
RickNY

Drives: 2014 X6 50i

That sucks to hear. I also bought some smaller items in the past but never had any problems thankfully.
      12-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
badblkX6
Captain

Drives: 2014 X6 35i

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
I purchased a painted door lock cover from them in the past for my 335i when I had it. It says it was backordered, which is fine. Six months later I finally got the part.

Their customer service was a complete joke and I would not do business with them again.
badblkX6 is offline   United_States
      12-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
askylitdrive
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 BMW X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by warz00
Talk about horrible experience and terrible customer service. Recently purchase 2 items - wheel locks and spacers. Returned both - decided wheel locks were a waste of time and found out after receiving the spacers that Bimmian does not sell spacers for the front wheels. Note - BOTH items arrived in broken/beat up packaging.

Their return policies are draconian. If you want a refund, there is a restocking fee. Bad enough but not unique. However, to process a return you must send the item at your own expense to a PO Box address in Oshawa Canada through USPS using a tracking service and a customs declarations form. No other carrier is accepted by them!

No refund was issued until I asked about it, confirming the delivery to them by the tracking number. Then they said that one of the items had been installed (spacers) - the 2 spacers had never been taken out of the box they arrived in - and since I was looking for spacers for all 4 wheels there is no reason to install just two! Their option was to receive only a 50% refund or they would send the spacers back to me - AT MY SHIPPING COST!

I will never do business with this company again and hopefully this will save someone else the aggravation and cost.
I live in Toronto, pretty close to where these guys are. Im very disappointed to hear about their bad service. I've experience this kind of service with other companies so i know that this happens. I was about to do business with this company for my car, but after reading your post, im definitely having second thoughts. Thanks for the warning
askylitdrive is offline   Canada
      12-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
Kerrazy
Private First Class

Drives: X6M

OMG, dont even get me started on these guys!

I have ordered several things from there up until I ordered Blue lights for MY X5.

In short,

- Lights did not work, were identical to stock at $50.
t- old them I wanted a return as they did not perform as advertised.
- He claimed it was a defect and wanted me to send pictures.
- then he said he will exchange with new ones and I pay shipping even though originals did not work.
- they made up a BS excuse on voltage issues and to re take photos, and started nit picking my wording in email for what I wanted ( I wanted a complete refund and spent 2 evenings taking photos, checking volatage etc of my own time
- I start snapping and sending very direct emails.
- I threatened to copy past email onto this forum
- Voila I got a refund

I am still temped to copy past emails, there service attitude, condescending emails and BS about tech department telling them things (as it was always the same guy I dealt with..

What a joke if most new how they handled they would never deal with them again....all for 50 dollar bulbs after I had spent near 1k with them LOL