XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X6M 2013
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn NY

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

x6M vs X6 5.0i

I have a strange feeling, maybe its just my paranoia, but x65.0i felt less turbo lagged, if you know what mean (I had prefactory tune up 7RR package, which were discontinue in 2011). X6M has a huge turbo lag, even in the M-mode.

So here comes the 2 questions:

1) What is the good solution for this ?? Chip it ?? Tune it ?? Or.........
2) Power train maybe different??


UAxDEATH(NYC) is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
mrmomo313
Lieutenant
 
mrmomo313's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Michigan

Posts: 546
iTrader: (0)

check that all your m drive settings are in full attack mode (sport everything etc) if that doesn't give you a noticeable enough difference then tune that beast. you will def see a big difference
__________________
2012 X5M
Dinan tune/Dinan free flow exhaust (black tips)/KW V3/Agetro M700 22"/Lux V3 H8/Gloss black IND grill and side markers
mrmomo313 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,318
iTrader: (5)

A tune will certainly wake the beat up a little more.
__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X6M 2013
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn NY

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmomo313 View Post
check that all your m drive settings are in full attack mode (sport everything etc) if that doesn't give you a noticeable enough difference then tune that beast. you will def see a big difference
checked it before posted here.
UAxDEATH(NYC) is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X6M 2013
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn NY

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
A tune will certainly wake the beat up a little more.
I understand what you saying, and I saw a lot of posts here regarding your tune as well. My concerns are the warranty.
UAxDEATH(NYC) is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,318
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
I understand what you saying, and I saw a lot of posts here regarding your tune as well. My concerns are the warranty.
If warranty is a concern I highly recommend getting a flash tool that way you can keep it in your glove box and and if anything ever does arise you can flash it back to stock within minutes.
__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X6M 2013
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn NY

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
If warranty is a concern I highly recommend getting a flash tool that way you can keep it in your glove box and and if anything ever does arise you can flash it back to stock within minutes.
Well I meant more of the warranty that my engine will not blow or tranny will not die on me that sort of thing
UAxDEATH(NYC) is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
Jess///M
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 X6M
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
Well I meant more of the warranty that my engine will not blow or tranny will not die on me that sort of thing
Get the Dinan tune and have your BMW dealer do the install. You'll have no worries after that.
Jess///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,318
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
Well I meant more of the warranty that my engine will not blow or tranny will not die on me that sort of thing
Well, we have not had a single issue with one of our tunes. The tune is making more hp but its well within the specs and limits of the engine. Things do happen even on stock cars so I do understand your worry. With a Simon tool you should feel comfortable going back to stock if need be.
__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Major
 
Omar@VelosDesignwerks's Avatar
 
Drives: Different Ones
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Miami

Posts: 1,260
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
I have a strange feeling, maybe its just my paranoia, but x65.0i felt less turbo lagged, if you know what mean (I had prefactory tune up 7RR package, which were discontinue in 2011). X6M has a huge turbo lag, even in the M-mode.

So here comes the 2 questions:

1) What is the good solution for this ?? Chip it ?? Tune it ?? Or.........
2) Power train maybe different??


Hello,

I have spent a good amount of time behind both the X6M and X with 5.0 motor and the power characteristics and power curve are similar. Now on another note the software will definitely make a difference. On the 5.0 you are restricted due to the hardware limitations. When we tune the X5/6M motor the power is extremely noticeable in the mid range and through the entire rpm band.

We have quite a few members on here that can chime in with their own personal experiences.
Omar@VelosDesignwerks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X6M 2013
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn NY

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Well, we have not had a single issue with one of our tunes. The tune is making more hp but its well within the specs and limits of the engine. Things do happen even on stock cars so I do understand your worry. With a Simon tool you should feel comfortable going back to stock if need be.
How is different your chart from Dinan ??
UAxDEATH(NYC) is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
 
Jimshorts's Avatar
 
Drives: x5m
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Live free or die

Posts: 205
iTrader: (0)

They are all extremely close.
__________________
2010 BMW X5 M Eurocharged: 12.298 @ 112.860 MPH Tune only.
2005 E55 AMG 11.93 @ 117 1/4 mile 7.75 @ 95 1/8mile tune, shorties, street tires. Sold
Jimshorts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #13
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,318
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
How is different your chart from Dinan ??
I dont see a Dinan chart on here to compare but here is ours for the X5/6M

To make any more power than this safely we recommend downpipes which we also have a tune for.


__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X6M 2013
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn NY

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Can anyone tell me (clueless person), when BMW factory did a tune up on my previews x6 5.0i, does any of you know, what kind of tune up they done ?? (mean the setting wise) I know that there was 44hp and 50 torgue, or is there any chart ?? I'm trying understand what the hell did BMW factory did to my 5.0i that I had, that was much faster then god damn x6m.......... Sorry for annoying you all. Just trying to figure out.
UAxDEATH(NYC) is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST