XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
larkinda
Private
 
Drives: 2012 x6m
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Renntech or aa tune

I have a 2012 x6m with dinan tune but am disappointed with the performance- I am considering either renntech or active autoworker tune now . AA claims more gains and states impressive wheel numbers, Are these numbers accurate? I have akro eve exhaust and will be adding DP with tune- Both renntech and AA offer cattless tunes. Anyone have experience with either company? I went with Dinan originally for warranty but the gains are weak- I dyno'd car and only got about 1/2 their claims gains. I am hoping to get some input before I buy another tune. Thanks
larkinda is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
larkinda
Private
 
Drives: 2012 x6m
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Norhng? What tune is everyone running?
larkinda is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Yacht Lights
Second Lieutenant
 
Yacht Lights's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 M SPORT
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl

Posts: 241
iTrader: (3)

Velos ask for Omar he will hook you up
__________________
Push it to the Limit
Yacht Lights is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Biff Grissel
killinit.com
 
Biff Grissel's Avatar
 
Drives: fun
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: west coast

Posts: 511
iTrader: (0)

velos or ess def
Biff Grissel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,378
iTrader: (5)

Thank you for choosing us! Now send us your stock file and lets make some power !

Last edited by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke; 07-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
RaTeD ///M
Private
 
Drives: 2K12 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkinda View Post
I have a 2012 x6m with dinan tune but am disappointed with the performance- I am considering either renntech or active autoworker tune now . AA claims more gains and states impressive wheel numbers, Are these numbers accurate? I have akro eve exhaust and will be adding DP with tune- Both renntech and AA offer cattless tunes. Anyone have experience with either company? I went with Dinan originally for warranty but the gains are weak- I dyno'd car and only got about 1/2 their claims gains. I am hoping to get some input before I buy another tune. Thanks
Wow that sucks! I know the Dinan tune is expensive but probably due to warranty issues. Rennetech is also expensive but has high number claims.
RaTeD ///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
BuraQ
Colonel
 
BuraQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,946
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.03]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkinda View Post
I have a 2012 x6m with dinan tune but am disappointed with the performance- I am considering either renntech or active autoworker tune now . AA claims more gains and states impressive wheel numbers, Are these numbers accurate? I have akro eve exhaust and will be adding DP with tune- Both renntech and AA offer cattless tunes. Anyone have experience with either company? I went with Dinan originally for warranty but the gains are weak- I dyno'd car and only got about 1/2 their claims gains. I am hoping to get some input before I buy another tune. Thanks
RENNtech....they are the first to break 11s tune only on a X5M.
__________________
AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile YouTube
Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
"BMW DCT 335is" on Facebook
BuraQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
RaTeD ///M
Private
 
Drives: 2K12 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

To my understanding Velos has also broke 11s tune only.....
__________________
Carbon Black X5M Velos Stage 1 Tune, Stage 2 coming soon.....
09 Alpha 12 GTR AMS 4.4 Stroked TSM tuned.....
RaTeD ///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
 
Jimshorts's Avatar
 
Drives: x5m
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Live free or die

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X RaTeD M View Post
To my understanding Velos has also broke 11s tune only.....
I believe they are still in the low 12s for tune only. Last time I checked with them that's what they said.

I'm shooting for 11s with my eurocharged tune. I've so far only run my 93 tune I have a 107 tune I still need to try.
__________________
2010 BMW X5 M Eurocharged: 12.298 @ 112.860 MPH Tune only.
2005 E55 AMG 11.93 @ 117 1/4 mile 7.75 @ 95 1/8mile tune, shorties, street tires. Sold
Jimshorts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
RaTeD ///M
Private
 
Drives: 2K12 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshorts View Post
I believe they are still in the low 12s for tune only. Last time I checked with them that's what they said.

I'm shooting for 11s with my eurocharged tune. I've so far only run my 93 tune I have a 107 tune I still need to try.
When I checked with them last week they mentioned they had a tune only in 11s and another tune only with 22s with a low 12.

I'll be shooting for 11s come spring on pump gas! I pulled a 12.8 manual mode bouncing 2nd gear on 90 OCTANE bone stock with stock tires and rims. Unfortunately, it rained out and that was the only run I was able to get off on the last day of the season.
__________________
Carbon Black X5M Velos Stage 1 Tune, Stage 2 coming soon.....
09 Alpha 12 GTR AMS 4.4 Stroked TSM tuned.....
RaTeD ///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
 
Jimshorts's Avatar
 
Drives: x5m
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Live free or die

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X RaTeD M View Post
When I checked with them last week they mentioned they had a tune only in 11s and another tune only with 22s with a low 12.

I'll be shooting for 11s come spring on pump gas! I pulled a 12.8 manual mode bouncing 2nd gear on 90 OCTANE bone stock with stock tires and rims. Unfortunately, it rained out and that was the only run I was able to get off on the last day of the season.
Interesting... does their tune increase the rpm when using launch control?

The only thing keeping me from 11s on pump gas is my launch. My track has terrible prep and my best 60ft is a 1.83. The renntech record holder for 91 and I'm guessing a race tune have hit 1.6xx 60fts which are crazy. They either had great track prep or they are raising the rpms with their launch control. This scares me at the same time because I've heard of axels snapping trying to launch these monsters.

I'm curious if the tune only velos truck is bone stock besides the tune. I'm planning on getting rid of my oem tires and wheels in the spring and going light weight to shed some more weight. I weighed my truck with me in it at the track and it was 5500 on the nose. Should drop a little more time with the weight savings. Those run flats are heavy as hell.
__________________
2010 BMW X5 M Eurocharged: 12.298 @ 112.860 MPH Tune only.
2005 E55 AMG 11.93 @ 117 1/4 mile 7.75 @ 95 1/8mile tune, shorties, street tires. Sold
Jimshorts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
RaTeD ///M
Private
 
Drives: 2K12 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshorts View Post
Interesting... does their tune increase the rpm when using launch control?

The only thing keeping me from 11s on pump gas is my launch. My track has terrible prep and my best 60ft is a 1.83. The renntech record holder for 91 and I'm guessing a race tune have hit 1.6xx 60fts which are crazy. They either had great track prep or they are raising the rpms with their launch control. This scares me at the same time because I've heard of axels snapping trying to launch these monsters.

I'm curious if the tune only velos truck is bone stock besides the tune. I'm planning on getting rid of my oem tires and wheels in the spring and going light weight to shed some more weight. I weighed my truck with me in it at the track and it was 5500 on the nose. Should drop a little more time with the weight savings. Those run flats are heavy as hell.
To my understanding it was stock on stock rims and tires and it was customer's vehicle. I believe you would be able to increase the LC but it would be at your own risk. I noticed PP Performance raised it to 3K rpm LC.

In addition, I believe renntech ran at a track with negative DA and cool weather with good track prep I don't know if that was on pump or race gas for their 11.99@114 pass.

I pulled a 1.77 60ft hopefully I'll do better next time out with tune, DP and drop ins.
__________________
Carbon Black X5M Velos Stage 1 Tune, Stage 2 coming soon.....
09 Alpha 12 GTR AMS 4.4 Stroked TSM tuned.....
RaTeD ///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
active autowerke, rentech, tune, x6m

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST