XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
snipez999
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: X6M50d
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, England

iTrader: (0)

X6 M50d ordered

Drove past the demonstrator, glimpsed it, loved it, ordered one next day :-)
Delivery due end September (TBC by dealer this week for sure). Carbon Black, Slate Leather, loads of toys. Only downer is that I will need to surrender the X6 40d at the end of this month to secure the p'ex price. Time to dust off the mountain bike and get myself fit again then ;-)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

You are SOOOO lucky to have access to that vehicle. Funny that they make them here in the States and we can't get it. I did notice a lot of X6s when I was in London last month - a very popular vehicle over there!

Please post pictures when you get it!
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
peterc1962
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: X6 M50d
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez999 View Post
Drove past the demonstrator, glimpsed it, loved it, ordered one next day :-)
Delivery due end September (TBC by dealer this week for sure). Carbon Black, Slate Leather, loads of toys. Only downer is that I will need to surrender the X6 40d at the end of this month to secure the p'ex price. Time to dust off the mountain bike and get myself fit again then ;-)
Very cool, congrats.
Ordered mine in Switzerland in March and should get it end July/early August.
Also have the slate interior but pearlsilver on the outside. Very interested to see how slate looks in real.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
snipez999
Private
1
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: X6M50d
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, England

iTrader: (0)

I have slate now on my white 40d. A great combo if you ask me. I stuck with the 50d specific aluminium shadow interior, and the contrast trim on the seats will set off nicely against that.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
Nicky P
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Saloon
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Hi
I'm contemplating whether to go for 2013 40d or M50d, 13k difference in price, just over a sec 0-60 difference. All the UK reviews say 40d is better value. Previous car 2012 40d M sport X5.

Any views folks please ?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
giants84
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
215
Posts

 
Drives: 13 x6 5.0
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brooklyn,New York

iTrader: (0)

Over a sec 0-60 difference is huge for those who care about performance though.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Mike van D
Major
Mike van D's Avatar
Germany
11
Rep
1,114
Posts

 
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the order...looks to be a great version.
__________________
...just enjoying life.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #8
peterc1962
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: X6 M50d
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Got it yesterday

picked it up yesterday, happy as a pig in shit
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

^ very nice, congrats
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
ndabunka
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5 35d Sport Black/Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

white 'piping' on the seats is very nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
Biff Grissel
killinit.com
Biff Grissel's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: fun
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: west coast

iTrader: (0)

Damn that color combo looks great. Nice pickup congrats.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
ifly
Cruising!
United_States
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X6 50i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Nice color combo, congrats on the new ride. Will be great in the Alps heading down to Italy and the Riviera!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #13
macd1995
macd1995
macd1995's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
284
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328CI, 2013 X6 5.0
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328 CI  [0.00]
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc1962 View Post
picked it up yesterday, happy as a pig in shit
The exterior of this car is beautiful! Lovely Rims! What style?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #14
1230vani
Major
1230vani's Avatar
No_Country
50
Rep
1,306
Posts

 
Drives: F15 30d Msport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A

iTrader: (0)

Comparisons please. I have a 40d now and am considering 50d. Also pls post picture of the dials if you can! What options did you take?Love the piping on the seats,wheels.... looks great and matches the color. Congrats and enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
udmx6
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 13 550i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful,,, Congrats


Quote:
Originally Posted by macd1995 View Post
The exterior of this car is beautiful! Lovely Rims! What style?
Style 435.

I really want to change my rims but cannot decide.
Black power coating on 336 or Style 435M or Style 300M (X6M)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
mrmomo313
Captain
mrmomo313's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
619
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

congrats on the new ride. looks good
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #17
5seriesHB
In The Game!
5seriesHB's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntington Beach Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by udmx6 View Post
Beautiful,,, Congrats




Style 435.

I really want to change my rims but cannot decide.
Black power coating on 336 or Style 435M or Style 300M (X6M)
So classic...were never happy!
I guess not as happy as a pig in shit....lol
Classic
and ps
i can relate as well to always wanting something different
__________________
It will all work out in the end....and if it hasn't worked out yet, its not the end!
2012 Titanium Silver Metalic w MSPORT+Prem Sound+Tech+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+ BMW Apps
2012 Space Grey Msport 50 X5 Premium+ Premium Sound+Cold Weather +Soft Close Doors
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
peterc1962
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: X6 M50d
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Comparisons please. I have a 40d now and am considering 50d. Also pls post picture of the dials if you can! What options did you take?Love the piping on the seats,wheels.... looks great and matches the color. Congrats and enjoy!
Cannot compare to a 40d as I didn't own one before, switched from a X3 35i. Sorry, pic of dials is a bit blurred. It's pearl silver, interior Merino slate perforated, wheels are standard on the M50d.
Most options in there except for TV, rearseat entertainment, DAB-Tuner, CD-changer, Sunroof, rear sunshades.

What shall I say about the drive, torque torque torque, an impressive mass of torque available at any moment. At the same time and I am still trying to avoid it as I have about 900 KM on it only, the best revving diesel I have ever tried, that thing tries to rev up like a punchy petrol engined car. Together with the really quick 8-speed transmission it is almost hard to surf on the torque wave and not get the engine to rev past the 4K mark. And the sound is a deep low growl when you step on it, very nice in my opinion. Got 800 km out of the first tank at around 9.5L/100km (you gotta do the math yourself if you want mpg :-))
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #19
peterc1962
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: X6 M50d
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macd1995 View Post
The exterior of this car is beautiful! Lovely Rims! What style?
The rims are standard on the M50d, at least here in Switzerland and are no. 435.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #20
1230vani
Major
1230vani's Avatar
No_Country
50
Rep
1,306
Posts

 
Drives: F15 30d Msport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc1962 View Post
Cannot compare to a 40d as I didn't own one before, switched from a X3 35i. Sorry, pic of dials is a bit blurred. It's pearl silver, interior Merino slate perforated, wheels are standard on the M50d.
Most options in there except for TV, rearseat entertainment, DAB-Tuner, CD-changer, Sunroof, rear sunshades.

What shall I say about the drive, torque torque torque, an impressive mass of torque available at any moment. At the same time and I am still trying to avoid it as I have about 900 KM on it only, the best revving diesel I have ever tried, that thing tries to rev up like a punchy petrol engined car. Together with the really quick 8-speed transmission it is almost hard to surf on the torque wave and not get the engine to rev past the 4K mark. And the sound is a deep low growl when you step on it, very nice in my opinion. Got 800 km out of the first tank at around 9.5L/100km (you gotta do the math yourself if you want mpg :-))
Thanks a lot! Sorry I confused you with another forum member who said he is moving from a 40d to 50d. Your car looks awesome, a bit dissapointed about them dials, as the online configurator used to show them different, reality is that they are not that different, but the M word appearing is still cool . Interesting comment about the deep low growl, 40d does sound good for a diesel, but I heard 50d sounds way better. Anyways, congrats. Regarding the mileage, my 40d had similar "mileage" at the start, but unfort, it started to increase Not really sure whether it is the style of driving changing after a while, but possible. Once again congrats and thank you for the review and sharing the photos.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #21
1230vani
Major
1230vani's Avatar
No_Country
50
Rep
1,306
Posts

 
Drives: F15 30d Msport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
So classic...were never happy!
I guess not as happy as a pig in shit....lol
Classic
and ps
i can relate as well to always wanting something different
Same here . I mean, I get like so many extras on my car, and then after a couple of months, I'm like: Hm..I wish I gotten that surround view option, or why did I get the rear climate, I could have gotten the entertainment upgrade in the back...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #22
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Stunning. Can not believe how many options you have over the US (no Sunroof? Stitching? Colors, X50d!!!)

Keep the wheels, they look great.

BTW, why no sunroof?
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST