XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #155
Pex5
Private
 
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

pics finally

Sorry. The weather has been crappy all week.

Got the M doorsills from my dealer at the end of the week.

Blk Sapphire/Oyster/Bamboo
cold weather
M performance Package (heated M sport wheel)
Premium Pack
Enhanced Premium Sound
Technology Pack
Active Steering
running boards
multi-contour seats
3 rear seats
LED lights
rear entertainment
BMW apps

Last edited by Pex5; 05-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Pex5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #156
Pex5
Private
 
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

oops

pics...


Blk Sapphire/Oyster/Bamboo
cold weather
M performance Package (heated M sport wheel)
Premium Pack
Enhanced Premium Sound
Technology Pack
Active Steering
running boards
multi-contour seats
3 rear seats
LED lights
rear entertainment
BMW apps
Attached Images
    

Last edited by Pex5; 05-06-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Pex5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #157
doug_999
Captain
 
doug_999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 995
iTrader: (0)

Pex5, about time!

Car looks great! Congrats!
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
doug_999 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #158
udmx6
Private First Class
 
Drives: 13 550i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Congrats Pex5. It is beautiful.

Btw, they did not get you Stainless Accelerat.pedal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex5 View Post
Got the M doorsills from my dealer at the end of the week.
udmx6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #159
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Poleposition's Avatar
 
Drives: very well
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 1,059
iTrader: (0)

Pex, truck looks awesome. Interior is really sharp. Use it in the best of health.
__________________
20135
21" DPE Super Concave, Meisterschaft GTC w/LXR midpipes, BMC filters, Charcoal delete, H&R springs, IND cosmetic pkg, M-Performance Spoiler, Wrapped roof, Hardwired V1, Coded
2013 X6 50i MSport

2008 SmartCar - 2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Poleposition is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #160
JadeVetti
Bavarian Khaleesi
 
JadeVetti's Avatar
 
Drives: Waiting for the CS Concept
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, USA

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Love the lights. Congrats!
__________________
I (still) want my inner circular headlights gleaming a glowing red. That way, scurry when you see my Demon advancing.
JadeVetti is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #161
Pex5
Private
 
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex5 View Post
Tell you what... I'll report back once the M performance X6 without AD comes in and I drive it a bit. I'll be able to compare it to the X5 since we'll have both for a week or two.

Regards,
DRP
Had the car a week. Also, I took out a 12' 35i sport w/AD and 19s with the wife while waiting for our car to come in. My feelings about the suspension remain exactly the same. The ride is slightly more cushioned with a sport activity setup (which is what I have - the M pack does nothing for suspension). This is particularly obvious over sharp imperfections in the road (small but difficult bumps) There is still a small degree of rear wheel hop with our car, which is the price you pay for a sporty suspension with heavy run flat tires (but not as pronounced as in the X5 AD). When you get our car past 7/10ths in a bend you feel the absence of adaptive drive. It simply moves around more and you feel the suspension absorbing the cornering forces whereas with the AD this force is absorbed almost exclusively by the tires (since the active roll stabilization basically 'freezes' the suspension in that circumstance). Normally, I'd be all for this type of cornering attitude, but I'm rarely in that frame of mind driving the family car. Nothing bad to say about AD. It's just not what I wanted on this car.

P.S.
Last month I drove a 2012 Cayenne V6 with 20 inch wheels and essentially no other options. They had a sweetheart deal on the car. Unlike some Cayennes I see with modest sized wheels, It looked the business...like a $80k-90k Cayenne...nice wheels and blacked out window trim etc.. After driving our X6 3.5, I can honestly say there is just no comparison. The V6, while more than adequate around town is asthmatic over 4,000 rpms and therefore really suffers passing on the highway. But that may be moot b/c you're better off not passing on the highway. The body roll at highway speeds is downright scary! I'm not exxagerating. It felt like you could roll the car with a really abrupt lane change. Rode beautifully in town though (mom machine). It's ironic that in my experience most lay people have/would/will assume any Porsche SUV is sportier than its BMW counterpart - and that is simply not the case.

DRP

Last edited by Pex5; 05-07-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Pex5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #162
Pex5
Private
 
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by udmx6 View Post
Congrats Pex5. It is beautiful.

Btw, they did not get you Stainless Accelerat.pedal?
You know I just noticed that.... thanks.

I'll take it up with them when we decide what to do about the missing balck trim pieces.

In the mean time lets pray S. Carolina starts making M perf. cars with all the blakc bits and a sport muffler - so I can get that too!!

Regards,
DRP
Pex5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #163
jero20
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: bmw x6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new jersey

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Car looks amazing. Im really starting to regret not getting the M perfomance package, the rims look amazing!
jero20 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #164
macd1995
macd1995
 
macd1995's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328CI, 2013 X6 5.0
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn

Posts: 284
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328 CI  [0.00]
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Love the rims! I could not do it though... Sticking with all wheel and 19s. I also like the silver trim on the non-M package.
Already PM'd-- but did you get the Active Steering free?

Am I seeing the third seat also doubles as a Cup holder/ arm rest?

BMW apps- do you have an Iphone? I am curious about that for Android.
Thanks,
Dale
macd1995 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #165
Pex5
Private
 
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

"official" update

For the record - I spoke with an official internal sourse regarding the M performance package, and it does not include black fog light surrounds - as shown on the BMWUSA website. Those black surounds feature on the european version of the package.

The mistake that occurred on the production line for our cars is essentially limited to no M doorsills and chrome exhaust tips.

BMWNA hasn't decided on a remedy yet - whether to replace the tips or paint them.

I'm looking to upgrade the muffler since our X6 with its $4,400 M perf. pack comes with the same sound as a base 35i (unlike an M sport 35i X5 which has an ideal sound from its performance muffler ). So I'd prefer a credit as opposed to my dealer painting the existing tips black (which btw is a terrible idea unless its powder coated - the heat will cause flaking/discoloration). My service advisor mentioned that the tips are welded on to the pipe. If that's true, it would seem the solution would be to replace the whole muffler (the rear silencer is one piece with the pipes leading to the tips) Final thought here: What if the black tips which BMW envisioned using, and may by now be using on the production line for cars not yet finished are actually (wait for it) connected to a sport muffler as with the M sport X5 35i?!
On the shred of hope that this may be true, I will be watching diligently to see how the cars are coming through in the near future.

Regards,
DRP
Pex5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #166
thedonva
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Mini Clubman S
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: VA

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Body roll on X6 is scary???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex5 View Post
Had the car a week. Also, I took out a 12' 35i sport w/AD and 19s with the wife while waiting for our car to come in. My feelings about the suspension remain exactly the same. The ride is slightly more cushioned with a sport activity setup (which is what I have - the M pack does nothing for suspension). This is particularly obvious over sharp imperfections in the road (small but difficult bumps) There is still a small degree of rear wheel hop with our car, which is the price you pay for a sporty suspension with heavy run flat tires (but not as pronounced as in the X5 AD). When you get our car past 7/10ths in a bend you feel the absence of adaptive drive. It simply moves around more and you feel the suspension absorbing the cornering forces whereas with the AD this force is absorbed almost exclusively by the tires (since the active roll stabilization basically 'freezes' the suspension in that circumstance). Normally, I'd be all for this type of cornering attitude, but I'm rarely in that frame of mind driving the family car. Nothing bad to say about AD. It's just not what I wanted on this car.

P.S.
Last month I drove a 2012 Cayenne V6 with 20 inch wheels and essentially no other options. They had a sweetheart deal on the car. Unlike some Cayennes I see with modest sized wheels, It looked the business...like a $80k-90k Cayenne...nice wheels and blacked out window trim etc.. After driving our X6 3.5, I can honestly say there is just no comparison. The V6, while more than adequate around town is asthmatic over 4,000 rpms and therefore really suffers passing on the highway. But that may be moot b/c you're better off not passing on the highway. The body roll at highway speeds is downright scary! I'm not exxagerating. It felt like you could roll the car with a really abrupt lane change. Rode beautifully in town though (mom machine). It's ironic that in my experience most lay people have/would/will assume any Porsche SUV is sportier than its BMW counterpart - and that is simply not the case.

DRP

Just want to clarify - I'm about to order an X6 and of course you can't find one to test drive before hand - is the body roll bad on that? Also, how does the V6 do on the highway - I would hate to buy a lethargic car?
thedonva is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #167
doug_999
Captain
 
doug_999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 995
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonva View Post
Just want to clarify - I'm about to order an X6 and of course you can't find one to test drive before hand - is the body roll bad on that? Also, how does the V6 do on the highway - I would hate to buy a lethargic car?
On the highway the 6 cyl does great (BTW, it is an inline 6 not a V - so very smooth). Some have said it is a bit lethargic around town. In my test drives it was just fine and I'm sure it would have been great. But then I heard the V8 on start - wow. I upgraded for the sound alone.

Pex and I disagree on the Adaptive Drive. I love it and claim the ride is perfect. He claims some sharp bumps while driving.

But here is the point - that Adaptive Drive will now add $4K to your order. I don't expect very many people to order it. Even I would have a hard time jumping up that much (I never drove a NON Adaptive Drive X6, so I can't comment too much on the roll). For 2012 and 2011, it was part of the sports package, so much easier to obtain.
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
doug_999 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #168
thedonva
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Mini Clubman S
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: VA

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

It looks like you can add the active steering at no cost, when I click on options / performance options active steer says $0. We'll see tomorrow when I place my order. I can't afford the 50i.
thedonva is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #169
Love_My_X6
Private
 
Love_My_X6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: VA

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonva View Post
It looks like you can add the active steering at no cost, when I click on options / performance options active steer says $0. We'll see tomorrow when I place my order. I can't afford the 50i.
What I found out is that the 50i is not as much more as the base price indicates. With the 50 there are more features that come standard and therefore the packages are not as expensive. While the base price is 10K different, depending on features, similarly equipped 35 and 50's may actually be closer to 5K different in price. I had not looked at the fine print really when I ordered by 35i. If that makes a difference to you.
Love_My_X6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #170
thedonva
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Mini Clubman S
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: VA

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Well - I went crazy with the 35 build and came out around $64K but if I add the same options on the 50 it is $8K more.
thedonva is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #171
udmx6
Private First Class
 
Drives: 13 550i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Mine came with M Door Sill but No Black Chrome Exhaust tips, Stainless Accelerat.pedal and Black Fog Light Surrounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex5 View Post
For the record - I spoke with an official internal sourse regarding the M performance package, and it does not include black fog light surrounds - as shown on the BMWUSA website. Those black surounds feature on the european version of the package.

The mistake that occurred on the production line for our cars is essentially limited to no M doorsills and chrome exhaust tips.

BMWNA hasn't decided on a remedy yet - whether to replace the tips or paint them.

I'm looking to upgrade the muffler since our X6 with its $4,400 M perf. pack comes with the same sound as a base 35i (unlike an M sport 35i X5 which has an ideal sound from its performance muffler ). So I'd prefer a credit as opposed to my dealer painting the existing tips black (which btw is a terrible idea unless its powder coated - the heat will cause flaking/discoloration). My service advisor mentioned that the tips are welded on to the pipe. If that's true, it would seem the solution would be to replace the whole muffler (the rear silencer is one piece with the pipes leading to the tips) Final thought here: What if the black tips which BMW envisioned using, and may by now be using on the production line for cars not yet finished are actually (wait for it) connected to a sport muffler as with the M sport X5 35i?!
On the shred of hope that this may be true, I will be watching diligently to see how the cars are coming through in the near future.

Regards,
DRP
Attached Images
 
udmx6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #172
udmx6
Private First Class
 
Drives: 13 550i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

First of all, thank you so much Doug.

I LOVE AS. It is my first time to drive with and really really enjoy X6 with AS.
We know that AS is FREE. It doesn't say $0 but included
Attached Images
 
udmx6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #173
jero20
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: bmw x6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new jersey

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Nice! I should be picking up mine in a few hours!!! Cant wait
jero20 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #174
doug_999
Captain
 
doug_999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 995
iTrader: (0)

PICTURES?

Seriously you guys, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? Not of those silly door sills (yea, ok, I have door sill envy, with a touch of pedal envy), but of the entire vehicle!

Awesome about AS.
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
doug_999 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #175
Imso0flyy23
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Queens, Ny

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Exactly I been waiting for so long over a month ago first member said they were going to pick up over the weekend but no pics
Imso0flyy23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #176
jero20
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: bmw x6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new jersey

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

I will post some pics after i pick it up in a few hours
jero20 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013 bmw x6, 2013 bmw x6 facelift, 2013 bmw x6 lci, bmw x6 facelift, bmw x6 forum, bmw x6 forums, bmw x6 lci, bmw x6 m facelift, bmw x6 m forum, bmw x6 m lci, bmw x6m facelift, bmw x6m forum, bmw x6m lci, x6 facelift, x6 forum, x6 forums, x6 lci, x6 m facelift, x6 m lci, x6m facelift, x6m lci

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST