XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-02-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
 
Nezo86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas/Prishtina, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

NEW ORDER

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I was also wondering if you guys could help me out. I will be placing my order for an X6 soon and i was wondering what some of the options are that every X6 should have based on your oppinion and experience. thank for your help and great forum!!
Nezo86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
 
MeEmZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 X6 35i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Riyadh

Posts: 403
iTrader: (0)

here is a list of stuff i my self find necessary though i don't have most of these ~_~

exterior :
21" style 215 wheels
shadow line
comfort access <<< a must
auto open/close for tailgate

interior :
comfort seats (vented and heated)
Logic 7 audio system <<< a must
USB interface
Backup cam and PDC <<< a must
full leather dash

mechanics :
active steering
adaptive drive
x6 50i

hope that helped
__________________
08 X6 35i
09 X5 3.0is //M
MeEmZ is offline   Saudi Arabia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,496
iTrader: (0)

welcome!

well its hard to say what you never gonna need...it depends on you.

however i will recommend adaptive drive,active steering and seat heaters as must have!
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dmlgc's Avatar
 
Drives: X6M / 335D
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeEmZ View Post
here is a list of stuff i my self find necessary though i don't have most of these ~_~

exterior :
21" style 215 wheels
shadow line
comfort access <<< a must
auto open/close for tailgate

interior :
comfort seats (vented and heated)
Logic 7 audio system <<< a must
USB interface
Backup cam and PDC <<< a must
full leather dash

mechanics :
active steering
adaptive drive
x6 50i

hope that helped
+1 agree, I didn't order comfort access but do have auto tailgate.
whether you should get the 35i or the 50i will no doubt generate a lot of comments. The 50i is a new engine and is still getting the kinks worked out as all of us "early adopters" can attest to but is fun to drive. the 35i is a tried and true engine at this point.

Whatever you get with whatever options you will love this car.
dmlgc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
MalSer
New Member
 
Drives: Considering X6 35i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

I'd be sure to get the sport package with 20" rims, comfort access, backup camera, and maybe the rear climate package (I like the dark glass). The premium package also has some components that might be appreciated long term, such as adjustable cargo anchors. Congrats & enjoy!
MalSer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
 
Nezo86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas/Prishtina, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for your help guys!! right nowthe decision is between a loaded 35i or a 50i with a few options since i dont wanna go too crazy $$$ wise... as far as heated seats go i live in texas and i have them on my car right now and never ever youse them.... but i heard that they help the resale value.
These are my top pics for options right now -
-Sports Package
-Rear Climate Package
-Active steering
-Running Boards
-HD radio
-BMW Assist
-Rearview Camera

al of this in a 50i/Jet Black/chateau nevada leather

what you guys think??? Too many descisions!!! haha
Nezo86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dmlgc's Avatar
 
Drives: X6M / 335D
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
Thanks for your help guys!! right nowthe decision is between a loaded 35i or a 50i with a few options since i dont wanna go too crazy $$$ wise... as far as heated seats go i live in texas and i have them on my car right now and never ever youse them.... but i heard that they help the resale value.
These are my top pics for options right now -
-Sports Package
-Rear Climate Package
-Active steering
-Running Boards
-HD radio
-BMW Assist
-Rearview Camera

al of this in a 50i/Jet Black/chateau nevada leather

what you guys think??? Too many descisions!!! haha

I have the sport package (always get this). I don't know about the heated seats (have them but I live in California so don't use much) but I love the ventilated seats( I go to Arizona and Nevada a lot in the summer).
dmlgc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,496
iTrader: (0)

adaptive drive is must have...yesterday i drove one x6 without AD and there is a big diffrence!..it gets you so good driving feeling!
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Drives: VR X6 35i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frankfort IL

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

In the US Adaptive Drive comes as part of the Sports Package, so that is OK as you have said you want that - and no BMW should be bought without the Sports Package IMHO. I would not recommend running boards on the X6 (see comments on other threads). Premium Sound package is fantastic and will also help when it comes to resale time. 20" wheels are also a good option - especially so if you don't have to swap them out for snow & ice tires in the winter.

Enjoy the challenge of trying to spec it out!

Cheers, Anteater
Anteater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
archwerks
Captain
 
Drives: x6 3.5i VR
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: canada

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Don't forget heads up display, especially if u intend to travel on road trips.
Adaptive lights too if u travel at night.
archwerks is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
 
Nezo86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas/Prishtina, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

thanks again for all the great help...i was doing some research on the active steering and since i get the adaptive drive in the sports package is the active steering really necessary?? i heard that you loose the feel for the road... also does the car come with the blootooth or do i have to get bmw assist for that???
Nezo86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dmlgc's Avatar
 
Drives: X6M / 335D
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
thanks again for all the great help...i was doing some research on the active steering and since i get the adaptive drive in the sports package is the active steering really necessary?? i heard that you loose the feel for the road... also does the car come with the blootooth or do i have to get bmw assist for that???

Active steering seems to be one of those subjective things, I like the fact that it gets tighter at higher speeds but that's me. for bluetooth you have to get bmw assist well in the US anyway.
dmlgc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Drives: VR X6 35i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frankfort IL

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
thanks again for all the great help...i was doing some research on the active steering and since i get the adaptive drive in the sports package is the active steering really necessary?? i heard that you loose the feel for the road... also does the car come with the blootooth or do i have to get bmw assist for that???
I don't have active steering and I'm really happy with the 'feel' of the standard set-up on the X6. Unfortunately in the US you have to buy the Premium Package or BMW Assist separately to get the Bluetooth capabilities - which are really high quality for the phone connectivity at least.

Cheers, Anteater
Anteater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,496
iTrader: (0)

Running boards are sometimes annoying,when car is dirty,but since i am 1.92m tall i have no problems with dirty pants.

About Active steering,yes it is diffrent feeling,and i like it...however,today i drove more sportier way with SPORT OPTION on Adaptive drive...so steering became much more harder.like without active steering...so you can get what you want!
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #15
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
 
Nezo86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas/Prishtina, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

so I decided on the premium and the sport packages not so sure about the adaptive drive yet.... as far as the the running boards go I went to the dealer to test drive one and I saw what you guys meant with the dirty back of the legs, so I decided not to get them. Can any one help me with the iDrive?? when is the x6 gonna get the new iDrive system i saw videos of it and its way cool.... any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Nezo86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #16
akraptor
Lieutenant
 
akraptor's Avatar
 
Drives: PajeroTractor,Mazda6,X6Panzer
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Romania

Posts: 449
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Running boards are sometimes annoying,when car is dirty,but since i am 1.92m tall i have no problems with dirty pants.

About Active steering,yes it is diffrent feeling,and i like it...however,today i drove more sportier way with SPORT OPTION on Adaptive drive...so steering became much more harder.like without active steering...so you can get what you want!
Hehe, I am 1,93 m so running boards don't bother my pants.
akraptor is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #17
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
 
Nezo86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas/Prishtina, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
so I decided on the premium and the sport packages not so sure about the adaptive drive yet.... as far as the the running boards go I went to the dealer to test drive one and I saw what you guys meant with the dirty back of the legs, so I decided not to get them. Can any one help me with the iDrive?? when is the x6 gonna get the new iDrive system i saw videos of it and its way cool.... any help would be greatly appreciated!!
i meant i wasnt sure about active steering... oops!
Nezo86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #18
Puka
Private
 
Drives: BMW X6
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kosovo

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Am I blind or are we from the same place:P haha.. Order the Premium sound package..
Puka is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #19
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
 
Nezo86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas/Prishtina, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puka View Post
Am I blind or are we from the same place:P haha.. Order the Premium sound package..
Looks like your not blind haha... Where
In kosove are you from?
Nezo86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
Puka
Private
 
Drives: BMW X6
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kosovo

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

I live in prishtina..but i'm from Klina...
Puka is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST