XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Be thankful it's a BMW. Be very thankful.

I lent my X5 to someone yesterday and took their GMC Envoy to drive while they had my car. Oh my, oh my, I had forgotten why I drive BMWs. The seats in the Envoy were horribly uncomfortable, completely the wrong shape for a normal human being and covered in cheap, slippery leather. The shoulder belt came up from below my left shoulder then over the shoulder and down to the buckle; within ten minutes my shoulder hurt so badly I took the seatbelt off altogether, something I have NEVER done before. The ride is pillowy soft, but despite that when it hit a bad surface the whole vehicle shook and rattled and felt as if it was falling apart. The steering was vague and the roadholding in corners was non-existent. I know the Envoy is cheap compared to a BMW, but this was an almost new vehicle being compared with a 6-1/2-year-old X5.

Be thankful, guys, that you drive (or soon will) an X6. Everybody should drive something like the POS I drove yesterday to remind themselves why we all pay so much for our Bimmers! (OK, OK, so I have deserted and am now waiting for a M*rc*d*s, but the two marques are very similar.)

BTW, she didn't buy the X5 ("too powerful; my husband scared himself") but I sold it today to someone who will appreciate it much more. He already has an M6 and wants a winter car. Nice to know my baby is going into good hands.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
x5mmm
!
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 4.8i

I have a yukon Denali Or at least I used to have it until last week, it went total lost !
I was on the high way, when a stupid mercedes CL driver ! comming from behind , more than 90 mph !! the tire for some reason punchers - really dont know how to describe it in english LOL- he loss control of his STUPID benz and hit a more stupid car from behind !! Imeddiatly the car was doing 360's on the highway ! thank god the high way was 6 lanes ! I hit some stuff ! air bags were out before stopping in 1 or 2 seconds not when the car was doing its 360 show on the highway LOL
the GMC did more than four 360 rounds ! hit 1 small wall and the sideway :s all tires and wheels were damaged,front of the car,the roof,right side and the rear (offcourse from the stupid cl) !
hate it . and thats the reason I wont buy any american car after it!

Btw my speed was 60 mph ! and the legal speed is 62 !

I used to have z06 but I think its not the same !
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

true,big difference!
Appreciate 0