XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

X6 Availability in Midwest U.S.

I ordered a X6 35i on the first week of September. It appears that the dealer was not accurate with the build date. I am exploring my options and want to order a vehicle and know exactly what I want. Are there any dealers out there that have a allotment for one? I am ready to buy but dont want another promise that can't be delivered on. If so please email me at bkosaian@earthlink.net. Thank You
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

58 hits and no one has one ?

Guys,
58 hits and there are no dealers that want to sell a car ?
I figured with the recent economic news someone would have a slot for a car they would want to sell.
Best,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bak View Post
Guys,
I figured with the recent economic news someone would have a slot for a car they would want to sell.
Best,
Brian
Hmm, I would figure that those are 58 people that either drive an X6 or are interested in this car and NOT 58 dealers

Last I heard, the X6 (especially the 35i) was completely sold out and that you would only be able to order an 09 model which would take at least a month or longer before you would end up getting it!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bak View Post
Guys,
I figured with the recent economic news someone would have a slot for a car they would want to sell.Best,
Brian
Amen to that....will they not give you a quote or just not return your calls? You would think they would be all over selling a new X6.Just about the only BMW going for anything close to sticker right now.If you continue to get no response....keep good notes.....I would call BMWNA.Keep us posted.Thanks! PalBay
      10-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
drrosnrosn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ordered BMW X6 35i

I sympathize with you. My dealer is still waiting to get allotment for a vehicle. About 3 weeks back, frustrated with waiting 2 1/2 mo. without word, I began cold-calling dealerships in the Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Western PA. markets - called roughly 30-40 dealerships. None had allotment through November. Granted, the market may have changed in the last several weeks but I think the people buying this car (and already placed orders through the dealerships) are the ones who can afford it and put up cash - they will not be swayed that easily. Good luck.

Palbay, is there a way to contact BMWNA regarding allotment information? My dealership has been less than forthcoming with expectations regarding allotment. Thanks!

Brad
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Found a car !!

Wanted to post a update to my initial post. I found a car today scheduled for week 45 and could still be changed to my specs. It wasn't easy as I called 11-12 dealers before I found it. Thank you for your comments, I appreciate it and hope to use this board as a resource for info in the future.
One other thing, I am in the market for 20" Y-spoke wheels. If anyone knows of any please let me know. Thank You
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrosnrosn View Post
I sympathize with you. My dealer is still waiting to get allotment for a vehicle. About 3 weeks back, frustrated with waiting 2 1/2 mo. without word, I began cold-calling dealerships in the Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Western PA. markets - called roughly 30-40 dealerships. None had allotment through November. Granted, the market may have changed in the last several weeks but I think the people buying this car (and already placed orders through the dealerships) are the ones who can afford it and put up cash - they will not be swayed that easily. Good luck.

Palbay, is there a way to contact BMWNA regarding allotment information? My dealership has been less than forthcoming with expectations regarding allotment. Thanks!

Brad
I'm not real sure about the allotment situation.I misunderstood bak's question.I thought dealers were just not responding to customers trying to purchase an X6.I missed the allotment angle.BMW is keeping supplies very tight.I would still call BMWNA Customer Service and tell them you want to buy an X6 right now and are not getting a straight answer from the dealership.Ask them to give you the names of dealerships w/ allotments.Put the monkey on their back. Instead of bak and you needing to call every dealership in the country to find an X6.That's insane and very crappy customer service.BMWNA is the entity that allocates the production slots based on the number of cars sold at a dealership.A customer who is ready to purchase/order an X6 should not be penalized for living in area where the BMW dealer is considered a low volume X6 store.Then again,despite my logic...BMWNA might give you the finger:finger: and say get in line and welcome to the new "Pull Marketing" program.You would hope that BMWNA would at least give names of dealers w/ slots.Good luck! Thanks! PalBay