XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
tl9954
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x6

X6 M ???????????

I just spoke with a sales assoc. at a local BMW dealership and I asked him about the X6 M and he said that was probably a rumor and if it was not a rumor it would be sold in the European markets. He also said that the new idrive will probably not get into the X6 till the middle next year. I was waiting for the M version. Anythoughts?? Palbay said that it was really far into developement. I do not know wether to wait. I am waiting for the new i drive.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl9954 View Post
I just spoke with a sales assoc. at a local BMW dealership and I asked him about the X6 M and he said that was probably a rumor and if it was not a rumor it would be sold in the European markets. He also said that the new idrive will probably not get into the X6 till the middle next year. I was waiting for the M version. Anythoughts?? Palbay said that it was really far into developement. I do not know wether to wait. I am waiting for the new i drive.

Thanks.
X6"M" is on the way.Late 09 early 10 availability.Some sort of announcement around April of 09.Your salesperson is not up to speed.The boss of the BMW Motorsports Dept has already publicly acknowledged in magazine articles development of both the X5 and X6 "M"'s.And I've seen both of them w/ my own two eyes driving on the PC Track. As far as I know the X "M"'s will be offered in the States.Have heard nothing to lead me to believe different.Euro vs US Dollar exchange rate should not be an issue since they are going to be built in the States.Hope this helps. Thanks! PalBay
      10-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
x5mmm
!
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 4.8i

How much do U think the price range of them ? x5M and x6M ?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUU 555 View Post
How much do U think the price range of them ? x5M and x6M ?
I really don't know.Maybe the same percentage spread as between the standard 5 Series and "M" 5 Series as a starting point.The people that are my contacts are in Manufacturing and Engineering...they seem to not be in the loop on pricing.I'll see what I can find out.Thanks.PalBay
      10-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
tl9954
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x6

Thank you PalBal.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl9954 View Post

Thanks.
I spoke with the manager at a local authorized BMW dealership regarding the new iDrive system for the X6. He said that he inquired about this issue with someone at BMW headquarters and confirmed that the new iDrive will be available starting from March 09 production.

No word regarding the M model, or at least an M Sport Package.

Intrestingly, he said that April 09 production will be considered a 2010 model. Indeed if that's true, then it's worth the wait for someone who's not in a hurry. You'll get the new iDrive, plus a 2010 model way early.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

strange,but everything is possibile.
Appreciate 0