XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
Laurent
Rep
Drives: 2008 Range Rover sport

Delete shadowline trim ?

Hi ,

I want to order a 2009 X650i with sport package but delete the Shadowline trim (I wnat to keep the chrome around windows)...
is it possible ? how to do I instruct dealer....

I have done it before on a 5 series....

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
Hi ,

I want to order a 2009 X650i with sport package but delete the Shadowline trim (I wnat to keep the chrome around windows)...
is it possible ? how to do I instruct dealer....

I have done it before on a 5 series....

Thanks !
Not available in US. I tried and the only way I could get it with the chrome was to order X6 without the sport package and I was not going to do that. May be different for you in Canada though. I have actually grown to like the shadowline a lot because it is not the rubbery trim like on most cars and that is what I was afraid of. It is more of a glossy plastic trim which looks a lot nicer IMO. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
Laurent
Rep
Drives: 2008 Range Rover sport

Thanks Shenard,

funny enough, I am from Fort Worth but living for 2 years in Canada...I will be buying the car at Autobahn in Fort Worth.....

I had an 2007 M5 and when I ordered it , you could delete the shadowtrim line.....

I will keep inquiring with them.....

I may want to wait for the March allocation , supposed to have the new idrive ? Hva eyou heard anything about that ?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I know you can by the chrome trim separately and have the dealer swap it for a nominal charge.

This has been done on other models as posted on the boards.
      10-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
Thanks Shenard,

funny enough, I am from Fort Worth but living for 2 years in Canada...I will be buying the car at Autobahn in Fort Worth.....

I had an 2007 M5 and when I ordered it , you could delete the shadowtrim line.....

I will keep inquiring with them.....

I may want to wait for the March allocation , supposed to have the new idrive ? Hva eyou heard anything about that ?
Classic BMW (highest volume dealer in DFW) called the plant in Spartansburg and made a special request to have them delete the shadowline trim option and the mgr called back and told them they could not do it for US spec X6 models but may offer this for '09 models so you may be able to get it now with the sport package.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Classic BMW (highest volume dealer in DFW) called the plant in Spartansburg and made a special request to have them delete the shadowline trim option and the mgr called back and told them they could not do it for US spec X6 models but may offer this for '09 models so you may be able to get it now with the sport package.
I inquired about the same when I placed my order for the 50i back in May. I just recently talked to my dealer again about this and he (the manager) emailed BMW HQ in Germany. I saw the email and basically the answer was the same. You can only get the chrome if you don't select the sport package.

So I asked what about the satin aluminum trim instead of the shadow line trim. This is an option that was recently added and is part of the individual line for the X6. Again, you can ONLY get the satin aluminum trim IF you select the other individual options (eg different external colors, different leather option for the comfort seats and a different steering wheel). Basically, this didn't work for me due to the options I've selected and I don't like the wood-inlay that the individual steering wheels offered (individual steering wheel is NOT available in combination with heated steering wheel).

So that was a dead end for me as well
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Yes,i understand your problems...i have shadow line trim in my x3 with sport package..hOwever i like more chrome.
After few months of search,i founded that BMW for Europe offered option 3MB aluminum trim..so in Europe we can change sport package shadow trim to aluminium(chrome) trim for free!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Yes,i understand your problems...i have shadow line trim in my x3 with sport package..hOwever i like more chrome.
After few months of search,i founded that BMW for Europe offered option 3MB aluminum trim..so in Europe we can change sport package shadow trim to aluminium(chrome) trim for free!
Are you absolutely sure you get the 3MB option for free????

3MB is part of the individual package (see my previous post). According to BMW Germany, you can only get the 3MB option IF you take some or all of the other individual options as well. Well, at least this is the case for North America!

In general, I like to have the least amount of chrome on my car as possible. The satin aluminum trim would have been a nice touch though...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:31 AM   #9
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

yes,i agree...3MB is stand alone option for 800 eur,but if you order sport package that includes shadowline trim you can change it for free...offcourse,nothing is for free!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #10
PeTo_H
Private
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: '99 528iA, X6 35i on the way

3MB is a free of charge change in your order, IF you have ordere Sports package. As shadow line trim is a part of this package, you just swap it for aluminium for free. This is how it goes in Europe. I have change it on my order and the car is going to production in November.
So I hope it is just a problem for you guys in the US (and Canada) as you have almost all main car options in packages, whether here you can make you car as individual as possible
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #11
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

WTB Black Shadowline Trim

If there is anyone that would like to part with the black shadowline trim, I would be interested in purchasing it from you. Assuming it will fit on my non-sport X-6.
Appreciate 0