XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
billysims
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

So I finally have a production number for my X6....

Isn't there somewhere online to track the progress of your car? I tried the BMW factory website but cant seem to find where to enter the number/track production.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
scsi20191
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Try https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Conte...ms/SignUp.aspx
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
drrosnrosn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ordered BMW X6 35i

Billy, congrats. I have been waiting for allotment for a few months and still no word. By the way, when did you place your order through your dealer? Mine was middle of July...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Congrats,i have placed order January 8 2008 and my x6 35d ,finally going into production week 44...i still can not belive it!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims View Post
Isn't there somewhere online to track the progress of your car? I tried the BMW factory website but cant seem to find where to enter the number/track production.

The link mentioned in this thread for the owners circle is the place to go(track your bmw). I have mentioned in other threads ( as I went through this) is don't be surprised if the car that shows up for your production number is something other than your car (at first my prod # showed a 335) apparently BMW reuses productions numbers. Eventually your X6 will show and after a while all the options that you ordered.

Now if BMW would just increase the amount of detail it shows while building ( like putting on doors,installing tt8), oh well.

You will enjoy your X6 when you get it, waiting is the hard part.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsi20191 View Post
Thanks; I had figured it out after I posted.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrosnrosn View Post
Billy, congrats. I have been waiting for allotment for a few months and still no word. By the way, when did you place your order through your dealer? Mine was middle of July...
I ordered it late June; it was originally due to deliver mid-Sept. It got pushed out to the new model year, as they apparently were no longer producing 08's. So I will be getting an 09.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
The link mentioned in this thread for the owners circle is the place to go(track your bmw). I have mentioned in other threads ( as I went through this) is don't be surprised if the car that shows up for your production number is something other than your car (at first my prod # showed a 335) apparently BMW reuses productions numbers. Eventually your X6 will show and after a while all the options that you ordered.

Now if BMW would just increase the amount of detail it shows while building ( like putting on doors,installing tt8), oh well.

You will enjoy your X6 when you get it, waiting is the hard part.
Yes, not much to see online.

Thanks for the info. I was a little curious about how the car was showing online. My order was for a basic X6; only option I had was BMW Assist and running boards; when I look on the site, I just see the exterior/interior colors, no options. Was thinking that my boneheaded salesman goofed and would deal with it upon delivery. So I guess/hope that it will come as I ordered it. We'll see....
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:

Dont go by online progress. It is so far behind and not even updated but once a week. By the time my car showed up as produced online it was already waiting at my dealer. Your best bet is to keep calling your client advisor for an update because their DCSnet system is updated with production info on a daily basis
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, not much to see online.

Thanks for the info. I was a little curious about how the car was showing online. My order was for a basic X6; only option I had was BMW Assist and running boards; when I look on the site, I just see the exterior/interior colors, no options. Was thinking that my boneheaded salesman goofed and would deal with it upon delivery. So I guess/hope that it will come as I ordered it. We'll see....
My car was showing as a Black 535i until it went into the paint shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #11
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Dont go by online progress. It is so far behind and not even updated but once a week. By the time my car showed up as produced online it was already waiting at my dealer. Your best bet is to keep calling your client advisor for an update because their DCSnet system is updated with production info on a daily basis

Agree, I think this just helped me with the waiting part and so I could get a warm fuzzy that my car was being built. not worth much as to what's actually going on at any particular time. This is a marketing opportunity that BMW is missing.
Since I'm a software geek I know it is possible to show a lot more detail on the stages of the car than the "we built it, putting on truck,putting on boat,at delivery center,at your dealer".

Mine was still showing "at delivery center" a week after I had it.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 06:31 AM   #12
billysims
Private
Rep

Now it's all correct and says that it is at the preparation center (lord knows where that is, or if it's even an actual place). One step away from the finish line.....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #13
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

matter of hours!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #14
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Agree, I think this just helped me with the waiting part and so I could get a warm fuzzy that my car was being built. not worth much as to what's actually going on at any particular time. This is a marketing opportunity that BMW is missing.
Since I'm a software geek I know it is possible to show a lot more detail on the stages of the car than the "we built it, putting on truck,putting on boat,at delivery center,at your dealer".

Mine was still showing "at delivery center" a week after I had it.
Well 5 months after taking delivery, mine still shows "Your new 2008 X6 xDrive35i is at your BMW center"! Luckily my reliability after 11,500 miles has been perfect - but if it had been back to the dealer a few times I'd probably be a bit miffed if I kept seeing that message!

Hope your baby comes soon Billysims.

Cheers, Anteater.
Appreciate 0