XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
pkultragirl
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Question Back up camera install at rear view mirror

Hi, I just bought a 2011 BMW X5. It doesn't come with the back up camera. I will like to install a back up camera at the rear view mirror. I will like to know is that will affect the warranty? Please help! Thanks a lot!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11 x5d

BMW has a sticker on all of their new cars (top right of windshield) which states any aftermarket electronics added to the car would void the warranty. It actually lists a bunch of things like non-BMW approved wheels, tires, etc etc which people put on their cars every day. I would say the only way they would mess with your warranty is if you had a problem with anything electrical. If that were the case they would blame it on the aftermarket electronics and you would be stuck paying for whatever went wrong unless you could prove it had nothing to do with the problem.
Appreciate 0