XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #23
DOMEPEACE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35 sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallseafishie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMEPEACE View Post
That's pretty cool wish I could see it getting built. Good luck to everyone that should be getting there cars soon . Happy holidays.
Called the 1800 number and talked to a representative. They told me that the car has been handed off to the transporting company and that my Dealer should be able to tell me of an estimate delivery time.

yAY!
Me too waiting to here from the dealer hopefully today. These next couple of days are going to be the worst. Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #24
DOMEPEACE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Called the dealer to get the status of my car, I asked can you give me an estimate of when it's arriving at the dealership, he said I can do better than that the car just arrived this afternoon. I went straight there to take care of some final paperwork and I am picking it up Monday afternoon. The dealer told me that he's never seen a car being built and delivered so fast, when I pick it up on Monday it will be exactly two weeks since the day I placed the order. I'm amazed and ecstatic.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #25
smallseafishie
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMEPEACE View Post
Called the dealer to get the status of my car, I asked can you give me an estimate of when it's arriving at the dealership, he said I can do better than that the car just arrived this afternoon. I went straight there to take care of some final paperwork and I am picking it up Monday afternoon. The dealer told me that he's never seen a car being built and delivered so fast, when I pick it up on Monday it will be exactly two weeks since the day I placed the order. I'm amazed and ecstatic.
I got mine tonight!

yYyYyaaaYY!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #26
Hoo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue e92 zcp 6mt

Our's is here as well

Ordered our Sparkling Bronze 35d early December--was just hoping to get it by the 12/31 deadline for the tax credit, but dealer called and said it was in yesterday--Friday afternoon, 12/17--that was really fast.

We are picking it up later today, Saturday 12/18. We were thinking about adding mudflaps since I read some posts about paint chips/rash and damage to black plastic moulding without them, but dealer is charging $360 for them--Tisher has them for $164, which I did mention to them, but they claim it takes 2 hours of labor for install--total $360 installed. Seems excessive to me. I think we'll do without for now.

Excited to get the car, mostly because I'm very curious about how we'll like the diesel--we only got to drive a diesel in a 3 series (directly comparing it to another 3with the turbo 6 on back to back test drives). Also, we're a bit anxious to see the Sparkling Bronze/Cinnamon Brown combination--not sure they really go together (BMW says they do, but virtually any combination was ok with them based on the brochure), but we'll see. However, I must say that this is not quite as exciting as getting my 2011 M3 ZCP via Euro Delivery last March--now that was an experience.

ADDENDUM: Picked it up yesterday. Great so far. Didn't realize the diesel came standard with rear cargo cover (an option we didn't really need since our cover for our Vovlo XC 90 spent 99.9% of the time in the corner of the garage). Other than that, no real surprises. The Sparkling Bronze looks fine with the Cinnamon Brown seats. I think the car rides better than the X5 35i loaner we had for a couple of days--possibly because of the Multi-Contour seats which the other lacked, but more likely due to the 18" wheels instead of the 19"s--may be able to live with the RFTs after all. Feel the power is fairly comparable to the 35i, and much better than our XC90. Torque impressive. Averaged 27 mpg on maiden 40 mile voyage back home from the dealer (65-80 mph).

Last edited by Hoo; 12-19-2010 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #27
DOMEPEACE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Post some pics if you guys can
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #28
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11 x5d

Picked my truck up yesterday afternoon as well. I was also surprised it came with the rear cargo cover. So far I love it but haven't had much time to spend with it since the wife has me busy with holiday shopping/decorating/cookies etc. Will post some pics up tomorrow.
I definately need to find a set of OEM 214s, the stock 18s make it look too much like a Jeep Cherokee
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #29
Hoo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue e92 zcp 6mt

Personally, I think the 18's are fine

I have the ZCP 19" wheels on my M3 and already curbed one. I like the idea that there is a lot more rubber on these to offer some protection from that & since the X5 is basically a utilitarian vehicle & not a sports car, I think the 18's are OK--not exactly beautiful, but in keeping with the purpose of the vehicle. Plus, run flat tires are like bricks & a little extra cushioning seems to help a bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #30
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11 x5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo View Post
I have the ZCP 19" wheels on my M3 and already curbed one. I like the idea that there is a lot more rubber on these to offer some protection from that & since the X5 is basically a utilitarian vehicle & not a sports car, I think the 18's are OK--not exactly beautiful, but in keeping with the purpose of the vehicle. Plus, run flat tires are like bricks & a little extra cushioning seems to help a bit.
Agreed, honestly I only want them for the cosmetic enhancement but the car does drive great with the 18s. i feel the 20 inch 214 wheels complement the look of the car so well. If I could find myself a set I wouldn't put runflats on them, I would most likely get the Continental Contisport DSWs. I just put them on my wife's truck and love them so far.
Appreciate 0