XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-21-2021, 01:48 AM   #1
ZermenoBoy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35i Xdrive e70

Need your advice please

Hello everyone. I am a new forum member and im hoping to get some advice. So i have a 2012 x5 xdrive 35i. problem is the car shuts off about 10 minutes after i turn on the car and its idle. I have a basic scanner (autophix 7910) and i get codes: 6292 - EKPS; Control Voltage too low, 6293- EKPS; Control Current too high. The car turns on and i can actually drive it for about 10 minutes but it shuts off and theres a "Fuel Pump" waring on the idrive screen. After doing some research on diffrent platforms I had a few options to trouble shoot the problem. Unfortunately I dont have many tools to do some of the trouble shooting like: Checking the fuel pump for power and ground, Checking injectors and stuff like that. I did however replace the Fuel Rail Sensor but the problem stayed the same. I then purchsed a used EKPS module and installed it. I did not however Program/Code it to my vehicle. Although i did make sure that the part number was the same as my old Module. The car now does not shut off anymore. I drove for about an hour today and no signs of any issues. Do you fellas think the problem is fixed? Oh, I deleted the codes before i changed the Module and they are no longer there anymore. Do you fellas think it is crucial to "code" the module? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you for reading.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:30 AM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZermenoBoy View Post
Hello everyone. I am a new forum member and im hoping to get some advice. So i have a 2012 x5 xdrive 35i. problem is the car shuts off about 10 minutes after i turn on the car and its idle. I have a basic scanner (autophix 7910) and i get codes: 6292 - EKPS; Control Voltage too low, 6293- EKPS; Control Current too high. The car turns on and i can actually drive it for about 10 minutes but it shuts off and theres a "Fuel Pump" waring on the idrive screen. After doing some research on diffrent platforms I had a few options to trouble shoot the problem. Unfortunately I dont have many tools to do some of the trouble shooting like: Checking the fuel pump for power and ground, Checking injectors and stuff like that. I did however replace the Fuel Rail Sensor but the problem stayed the same. I then purchsed a used EKPS module and installed it. I did not however Program/Code it to my vehicle. Although i did make sure that the part number was the same as my old Module. The car now does not shut off anymore. I drove for about an hour today and no signs of any issues. Do you fellas think the problem is fixed? Oh, I deleted the codes before i changed the Module and they are no longer there anymore. Do you fellas think it is crucial to "code" the module? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you for reading.
Search the web for an ISTA download (it's out there). And download that 10gig monster onto a laptop. Grab a DCAN cable off Amazon (read the reviews, alot of both good and bad ones up there). Watch videos on YouTube on how to install use. You now have the most powerful software for diagnosing and repairing your X5 available and all for less then 30 dollars. This is what the dealers use. It's not easy to install or use, but nothing else compares and a must for anyone serious about working on their own BMW. Includes full repair manual on anything and everything for your X5.
Appreciate 0