XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #45
Vinboyblue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

I though it was a pretty exciting race, and I was there from Thursday -Sunday
What gets annoying is when all my friends kept asking how come BMW is not in F1 lol
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #46
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinboyblue View Post
I though it was a pretty exciting race, and I was there from Thursday -Sunday
What gets annoying is when all my friends kept asking how come BMW is not in F1 lol
I was there too, but started falling asleep in the grandstands after lap 1. Hell, the Ferrari Challenge were the best races over the weekend

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 1
wdb4673.00
      06-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #47
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
The race was such a sleeper (after the early accident) that I didn't even remember to look at this thread. I think I heard that the dominating factors that made this year's race particularly dull were fuel consumption and tires. That made me think they should just cut 2 laps off the race to let teams be more aggressive which someone obviously thought was brilliant so they waved the checked flag early. The only problem is that you have to tell everyone at the beginning not just surprise them at the end. At least the Vettel/Hamilton battle is definitely on.
      06-19-2018, 03:09 AM   #48
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Redbull ditches Renault for Honda...

If Redbull wins w/ the GP2 engine, I wonder what Alonso will say/do.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post

Redbull ditches Renault for Honda...

If Redbull wins w/ the GP2 engine, I wonder what Alonso will say/do.

McLaren had already embarrass enough so far with STR performing better than them.
The problem was not just patience, but McLaren unwilling to work with Honda to make the PU work (e.g. Size Zero chassis and aero design in the beginning).

Then ended up both McLaren and Honda doing their own thing, and only finger pointing at each other.

Now that STR giving Honda a bit more help I presume, and the result is instant; whilst McLaren, still toying at the back end of the field with the same PU as RBR/Renault etc.
      06-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #50
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post

McLaren had already embarrass enough so far with STR performing better than them.
The problem was not just patience, but McLaren unwilling to work with Honda to make the PU work (e.g. Size Zero chassis and aero design in the beginning).

Then ended up both McLaren and Honda doing their own thing, and only finger pointing at each other.

Now that STR giving Honda a bit more help I presume, and the result is instant; whilst McLaren, still toying at the back end of the field with the same PU as RBR/Renault etc.
In my opinion this was the biggest single problem in the Mac / Honda partnership. And Mclaren being Mclaren, they refused to take any blame, but were quick to blame Honda for everything. I remember them saying they had the best chassis, but were let down by the engine.

Well, this year they have the same engine as RB and Renault, but are way behind those 2 teams.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #51
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
In my opinion this was the biggest single problem in the Mac / Honda partnership. And Mclaren being Mclaren, they refused to take any blame, but were quick to blame Honda for everything. I remember them saying they had the best chassis, but were let down by the engine.

Well, this year they have the same engine as RB and Renault, but are way behind those 2 teams.
Evidently only fighting with Williams at the back of the grid. This is sad, and they deserve all the bashing from the media. Mostly because of the high profile PR and promises.

Williams on the other hand, was relatively quietly and working on improving their chassis. Rather than making hollow promises.